Status
Not open for further replies.

eSwagger

Verified Member
Aug 6, 2012
Chicago, IL
I think one of the best things you can do is self educate. Read, watch, and learn. You can get a 10k people to suggest this product or that but if you do some research and watch or read reviews it goes a long way in the process of making a selection. Alot of people have shared their trial and tribulations with quitting smoking, see if you can find one you relate to as far how much you smoked, type of cigarette, then see what their suggestion may be or see what worked for them and maybe it can help you as well.

SuperLuckyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Austin, TX
I've been using e cigs for a about a year and tried many but if I knew when I started what I know now I would have started with a Ego pass through battery a pack of LR cartomizers and then a Duel coil cartomizer tank.

Out of all the kit I have I still use the ego and recommend it to my friends and anybody just starting.

Ego twist is a variable voltage e cig that is the battery most kits contain two but I would check before you buy and the juice or E juice or E Liquid is the flavoured liquid containing nicotine.

Hope this helps

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Hi guys,
A starter kit typically contains a battery, a charger, sometimes a wall adapter, either cartomisers, or atomisers and cartridges.
If you are considering a starter kick one thing to consider is how many cigarettes you've been smoking. if you are a heavy smoker you may want something like an EGO twist. But if you smoked 10-15 a day you probably don't need a twist and something like a Volt will be good. I smoked 45-50 a day and I use Volts - and other heavyish smokers use them too.

A bigger battery lasts longer. Not everyone is comfortable with a big battery for work or when they go out though, and some use the "mini", which is usually about the size of, or a bit bigger than a cig. I have Volts from Smokeless Image which are minis. I have some others as well but Volts are the best I've tried. Their starter kits are here.

A "fatt batt" is bigger than a mini - they are more like a cigar, or even a bit bigger than that. I use a fatt batt at home called an X2. Ego twists are also fatt batts.

The photo below is of my Smokeless Image Volt (mini 78mm in size) and my Smokeless Image fatt batt. The slim one on the left is about cig size.

2012-08-10 23.01.38.jpg

There are also pvs called mods. Mods are in various shapes and sizes. These have removable batteries. Although a few people start off with mods most don't because they are a bit more advanced.

Things to consider when buying a kit:
How much do you smoke?
What will you be comfortable with at work or when going out somewhere?
Have you got enough as a back up if one battery needs charging or you need more juice?

Hope that's of some help.

Last edited:

Prometheus72

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
While there are eGo twist kits out there under $60. . . I wouldn't recomend one to start w/. I would start with a mini style kit. . Easier to use and is recomended for beginers. . There are many places to get a kit from, remember take recommendation then reasearch a bit.

Jay

Im' sorry but I have to respectfully disagree. If I had ONLY got a cigarette styled pv and not also an eGo I probably wouldnt' have made it. Those cigarette ones suck IMHO..but the eGo and Twists are awesome...especially with a good clearomiser. very easy to use and replicate enough vapor to make you feel like you're still smoking

sea

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Hey Rooch,

I think it's possible to start with a twist. The variable voltage is pretty intuitive to twist to find your sweet spot. I ordered mine through Rocky Mountain Vapor with a 20% coupon code. There are lots of starter kits out there, but a lot of them are sold out too.

Hardware and juice orders are usually better through separate vendors. My favorite is Virgin Vapor. I am super super picky about juice and pretty much order organic VG (vegetable glycerin) juice which makes me an outlier. I would get many tiny sampler packs to see what types of flavors you like. Velvet Vapors has nice sampler kits for $12 for 5 flavors in teeny bottles. They are 3ml which would last you a day or so each.

I drip exclusively, but most people prefer tanks or cartomizers. Do you have any idea what kind of juice delivery method you are interested in?

That way I or others can point you to specific kits.

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
Hi,

I'm also completely new to this just like Rooch.

Therefore, I need a lot of help please.

What exactly does a complete starter kit consist of? For example, what is a twist, how many e-cigs are in a starter kit, what do you mean by juice, batteries are for what?

Thank you.

Please click on this link.

ECF Forum

After you read this, then click on the links on the right side of that page, and you will find TONS of helpful information. You will have a MUCH better understanding after you have read that.

Robert Hernandez

Jun 4, 2012
A, A
As I have said before in my opinion the best bang for the buck i have found is from Rawr. Rawr Vapor has an 'Ego Starter Kit' that includes the ego passthrough, usb cord, cone, box of cartos, drip tip, and 2 5mil bottles of any juice for 30 dollars. I have never seen anything come close to this as far as value. This is what I tell my friends and family to buy.

Rawr Vapor: Home page

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Grats!! You have found a great source of information and support here. All the possibilities on devices available to the new vapor can be overwhelming, but spend some time reading and learning here and you will soon be as knowlegeable as any of us.

May I offer some general tips to a new vapor?

It's ok to occassionally use the analogs while you are trying to quit with an e-cig, if that is truly your goal. It won't be long before you'll look at a real cigarette with disgust after vaping. Don't be afraid to experiment with new juice flavors, because once you find one that you really like, quitting the analogs will be much easier.

You won't be able to find a juice that tastes like your old cigarette, so don't bother trying. It's actually more fun to find favorite flavors that can only be enjoyed by vaping.

Startup expenses can be rather expensive for the first few months as you try out devices and juices. Just remember how much you spent on the analogs, and realize you are doing something positive for your health. I started with one of the larger Smokeless Image Volt kits, and highly recommend this company to start out vaping with.

Drink plenty of water, vaping can dehydrate you. Juice flavors may taste weak for the first month or so until your damaged taste buds heal. Coughing while vaping will go away - your body is adjusting to a new way to absorb nicotine.

Learn the best way to vape. Instead of inhaling directly into your lungs, suck into your mouth and throat like a straw and then inhale. Nicotine in vapor is absorbed mostly in the mouth and lungs. Then exhale slowly through you mouth AND NOSE - our sense of taste is greatly affected by our sense of smell, too.

You can never have enough charged batteries. Hense the vapor's motto, "Have backups for your backups." I started out with four Volt 78mm batteries. One time after not having a cigarette for a couple of weeks, I let my batteries run out of charges. I had a nicotine fit while they slowly charged and ended up buying a fresh pack of cigs. Not the end of the world, but I felt bad. I only ended up smoking 2 stinkies from that pack and they actually tasted terrible, but it made me realize that no batteries means no vapings.

At first my e-cig just had to look like a real cigarette. Fact is, the more an e-cig looks like a real cigarette, the less likely it will perform well. I soon got tired of changing batteries every 3-4 hours, and moved on to the Volt X2. These are great with the clearomizers. You can nearly get thru an entire day with the combo. And the larger size didn't bother me at all at that point. I even used it in public, and no one really paid any attention.

The Volt CE3's are a great way to try new flavors without wasting an entire carto. I get trial sizes of around 3-5ml or sample packs from different vendors. If you don't like a flavor, its easy to remove the juice, rinse the inner CE3 with water, and then add another flavor to try.

Congrats again and good luck vaping.

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
Right now the best battery on the market for the buck is the EGO Twist. It can be gotten in starter kits but, to be honest, starter kits are often the biggest ripoff. They come with useless or substandard equipment that you don't need or should never use (such as prefilled cartomizers etc). Instead build your own kit. All you need is 2 batteries ( I recommend the 1000mah size since 650s die too fast), an EGO USB charger, and some clearomizers (Vivi Nova is boss). You can find more details in my blog, The Vaper's Handbook, here:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/shoganinja/2998-vapers-handbook.html#comment5864

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread