What to expect with a 3.2ohm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClayTaylorNC

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2014
United States
Just ordered an IBT Carto Hafling. Super excited about it considering I'm only going to be using it for my Custards Last Stand (Nikoticket). Anyway, they were out of the 2.0ohm carto's so I had to buy a few 3.2omh's. I have never used this high of an ohm before and am hoping I wont be too disappointed. Any thoughts on this? I use a Clouper DNA30 so realize I'll have to tone down the watts a bit, but like I said, I'm hoping it won't barley put out atall. Any thoughts appreciated.​

PhreakingPanda

Jul 24, 2014
Elkton, Kentucky, USA
Still fairly new to vaping, but from what I understand about ohms/wattage/voltage, the higher the ohms, the higher you want the wattage/voltage to be. Don't quote me on this, but I would assume you would want to turn your vv dial to roughly 5.2 volts (not sure what the equivalent is in wattage) to get a satisfying vape. From there you could turn it up or down until you dial the flavor in. Turning it to high will obviously give you a burnt taste, whereas turning it too low will take substantially more effort to get a decent draw, which could lead to ejuice being drawn into the mouth.

ClayTaylorNC

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2014
United States
I would suggest running a lower ohm build so you dont have to max out your volts to get the same result. If you ran a 1.8 to 2 ohm build you would only have to run at 4 volts or so to get much better performance.

I usually build to .7ohm. Although, in this case, I am talking about a carto tank that's unique to a very small carto. The company sells the carto's, but is out ofthe 2.0ohm and only has the 3.2. That's why I'm stuck with the higher type until they are back in stock.

BiLLi0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2014
Portugal
Just ordered an IBT Carto Hafling. Super excited about it considering I'm only going to be using it for my Custards Last Stand (Nikoticket). Anyway, they were out of the 2.0ohm carto's so I had to buy a few 3.2omh's. I have never used this high of an ohm before and am hoping I wont be too disappointed. Any thoughts on this? I use a Clouper DNA30 so realize I'll have to tone down the watts a bit, but like I said, I'm hoping it won't barley put out atall. Any thoughts appreciated.

Whatever the resistance is, if you vape with regulated power you will get the same result (as long as your battery can get the suited voltage).

Putting it simple, with your DNA30 setup (4 - 8.3 volts):
  • With 2 Ohms - you can go from 8 to 34 Watts
  • With 3,2 Ohms - you can go from 5 to 21 Watts.
As it has a maximum of 30, you won't get above that.

For you it's the same, but for me, as my MVP has a 5 Volt limit, with 3,2 Ohms, I'll never get above 7 Watts. And actually I vape always at about 8W.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread