What type of e-cig did I buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys

I recently have joined the vaping world and bought myself a kit here in AUS, it's a 3 piece cig (filter, atomizer & battery) the atomizer screws onto the battery and the filter push onto the atomizer, the battery is the auto type (no button)

I since have found (thru ECF) heaps of other brands, types and colours (heaps of mods) it's all too much lol, but I am learning heaps thru the forum (brilliant forum). But getting back to what I am chasing - what type is my e-cig ?

I have inserted a picture of it if that helps :confused: (hope I did it right)

cheers Rebel54 - Gold Coast, AUSTRALIA

Attachments

• sl3part.jpg
    sl3part.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

Nicko

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
China
Sorry, I don't know what type of e-cig you have, but since I'm from the Gold Coast (Labrador was my last address), it's my duty to welcome you to ECF. Switching from smoking to vaping is so painless and easy. It also has the benefit of being much cheaper and far more enjoyable and healthier. That's something Queensland Health would rather you didn't know. Just keep reading and asking questions and you will find the best e-cig (PV) set-up for your own needs.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Some other "mini" model users may correct me, but it looks like it might be an M401. Unfortunately, these are some of the "weakest" models on the market. If you are a very light smoker, 6 - 7 a day, it might work well for you.

If you find you want to continue to "vape" but would like a more consistent model, then I would suggest you look into a good manual battery model which the vast majority on ECF use. Something like the E-Power 510 or Riva UNC which are the size of a slim cigar but will last 5 hours on a charge and provide warmer vapor and more consistency. Here are some reputable suppliers for these models:

Electronic Cigarette - Starter Kits - Riva UNC

Crystal Clear Vaping

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
Some other "mini" model users may correct me, but it looks like it might be an M401. Unfortunately, these are some of the "weakest" models on the market.

thought that looked familiar..so i went and got my box from my mall kiosk [Philippines] purchase and sure enough that is a m401

batts lasted 2 months,,one atomizer died after a week,,i would NOT heavily rely on this if you intend to quit the analogs

sorry to be the bearer of bad news,but i wish i had somebody to warn me before hand

cyberwolf

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
Coral Springs, FL
Welcome to the ECF! That picture is interesting. It looks like an RN4081 atomizer and an M401 battery. If your atomizer is indeed female threaded, then you most likely do have an M401 as others have said. It was the model that got me off of cigarettes for the first few months, so I can't totally berate it, but there are much better models out there now.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
No it does not look like M401 - where is the painted section of the atomizer? And an M401 atomizer is a female atomizer.

And your photo makes no sense - which has the protruding male threads? the battery or the atomizer? That photo seems to show BOTH as male? How does that atomizer attach to that battery? Which piece has the recessed threads?

If it is under 9 mm diameter then it is some mystery super-mini - buy something else

If it is a bit over 9mm diameter and the battery is female with recessed threads then it is most likely RN4081 (or it could be the looks like RN4081 but fits nothing model)

LOL I didn't pay much attention when I posted that pic in the forum - that was the pic I found on the site I bought the ecig from (bit confusing isn't it) lol

Anyhow to the good news - I have since purchased a 3.7v & a 5v Box mod from "madvapes" been very happy with them, I also purchased an E-Power & a "Flux on the town" from "gotvapes" (gotta spread the love) lol

I look back on the original ecig I bought and think "WHY??" but we all have to start somewhere hey & and we all know "Any Vape Is a Good Vape - If It Gets You Off The Smokes"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread