• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

What Vape mail are you waiting for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robobob1221

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Toride-shi, Ibaraki, Japan
Waiting on a 4nine copper clone. It went through customs 2 days ago but hasn't moved on yet. First time that's happened since I've been in Japan. :/

EDIT: moments ago the package arrived at my local PO with a delivery date of today, so the wait is almost over. :)

Is that from ft? If so, is it seamless? Let us know!!

imabuddha

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2014
Miyazaki, Japan
It is from ft. I choose the non "1:1" clone (https://www.fasttech.com/products/1757809) because although the finishing (in ft's pics) looks rougher, it's the correct height in 18350 mode (49mm). I expect I'll be doing a little fine sanding to make it even out the seams. ;)

I also plan to drill two holes in the delrin surrounding the battery magnet & make a couple of notches in the switch button lip to match the original's battery venting. AFAIK none of the clones do both of these things.

Original: CU_4nine_Open_WM__94187.1402007281.1280.1280.jpg

I'll post later after it arrives with my impressions of it.

imabuddha

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2014
Miyazaki, Japan
If so, is it seamless? Let us know!!

Unfortunately it's not. The edges of the seams have been very slightly chamfered/deburred, so the effect is like micro-grooves. I don't think I'm going to sand it after all as I'd have to remove a fair amount of material to eliminate them. Overall the machining is good but not great. I did have to break out the metal polish because it was pretty dirty (not just patinated) on arrival, especially around the threads. After using it for a couple of hours I'm very happy with it overall. :)

Bs4px9mCYAAjQ1o.jpg

Bs5T39QCAAExhdX.jpg

mbottema

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Skytree, Sumida-ku Tokyo
3 days and still no shipping notice from Killer Juice. They are really slow. On the other hand, 4 days from order at Mt. Baker Vapor and my order has left the US. Killer Juice is cheap, but so is Mt. Baker. So if you consider delivery times, Mt. Baker Vapor beats them out. I sure hope the flavor of Killer Juice lives up to the hype.

Robobob1221

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Toride-shi, Ibaraki, Japan
3 days and still no shipping notice from Killer Juice. They are really slow. On the other hand, 4 days from order at Mt. Baker Vapor and my order has left the US. Killer Juice is cheap, but so is Mt. Baker. So if you consider delivery times, Mt. Baker Vapor beats them out. I sure hope the flavor of Killer Juice lives up to the hype.

Yeah, during the sales, it has been taking longer than usual for orders to be shipped. I'm still waiting for my order from the previous sale to be delivered. Was 5 days after ordering before shipped, then it took usps 2 days to process it. Hopefully arrives tomorrow.

mbottema

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Skytree, Sumida-ku Tokyo
Yeah, during the sales, it has been taking longer than usual for orders to be shipped. I'm still waiting for my order from the previous sale to be delivered. Was 5 days after ordering before shipped, then it took usps 2 days to process it. Hopefully arrives tomorrow.

Ford invented assembly lines, they are very useful during sales like this.

mbottema

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Skytree, Sumida-ku Tokyo
Yeah, sometimes you wish they had something like that, lol!

Yep, get an envelop on one end and pass it down the line, at the end someone sits at a computer and slaps a shipping label one it. Throw them all in a box or boxes and drive to the post office.
Not sure how Mt. baker does it, but they make the juice to order and still get it out in one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread