What's legit starting mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

naazrael

Jun 17, 2014
USA
Hi, I myself am now using a DNA30 clone box mod, and a Fogger v4, but a friend of mine is looking to get into vaping.
What's out there that has good potential for flavor and vapor production? I would prefer something 510 threaded, as I may sell him one of my old tanks from my MVP.

I personally really liked the MVP, but I don't think he wants something box shaped. Personally, I don't think something rebuildable is for him just yet, but I'm open to ideas.

So, what else is out there? If a mechanical mod is the best option, then I can build him coils. But what mechanicals are decent? I feel silly sometimes paying for those things, since they're essentially just shorting a battery across the coil, but I could be convinced if it's not silly expensive.

TheColdHandedVG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
New York, USA
A really nice, inexpensive mech would be a Nemesis Clone. It's a great starter mech. If your friend doesn't want to rebuild then there isn't much of a point in getting a mech, or at least get a Kick2 with it. If your friend is willing to get a regulated mod maybe get a Innokin SVD, which is a tube mod that is basically an MVP with more power. It only runs at about $50 right now. Get some Kanger clearos too, like the new Aerotank Mini or Mega, or Aerotank V2.

EDIT: Well it looks like My Vapor Store is charging $100 for it. I know my local B&M only charges $50, but I guess you can just look around for the best price if that is what you decide to get.

Last edited:

Despraci

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2014
Palmyra, PA
I think you will get iTaste MVP, SVD, SID, etc... but I also like to throw out the Tesla VV/VW mod into the ring. Other then poor button location I loved mine. And with ego and 510 with a floating pin, you can't go wrong. Plus being aluminum it was light and easy to hold.

Mech mod wise, if you think he can use them and be safe (watch battery voltage, use good batteries... all the stuff you will read us warn people about). I would recommend nemesis clone from Hcigar.

I always recommend a vv/vw mod to those I try to convert. If they are thinking about mechs, but I can't say I trust them 100%, then I recommend a DNA30 mod of some sort (even a clone), or an SX chipset mod. Best of both worlds and relatively safe for a new user.

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL

naazrael

Jun 17, 2014
USA
Yeah, batteries are not a problem. I will make he uses good ones capable of discharge haha.

It's not that he's not capable of rebuilding, it's just that he never has, and I would rather take something like that out of the equation for now.

I'll check out the ones listed here. 15W is not bad, especially at that 45 dollar price point, if it's legit!

TheColdHandedVG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
New York, USA
The iTaste VV 3 is basically a small, stick shaped MVP. And they are really priced well right now - can definitely find them with a charger for under $30

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about that one. It has the same exact power options as the MVP and I only paid $35 for mine.

Dhim

Verified Member
Dec 21, 2009
Jersey
Personally I would never recommend a mech mod with a RBA as a first mod, unless that person is looking to just start vaping (not quit analogs) and use 0mg nic. If you are trying to quit smoking, you want as little fuss as possible and something that just works when you feel you need nic. Ego Twists are a fine device for that, however unless you are getting a smaller tank setup, the larger iClear setups feel awkward on it.

My two combos would probably be these:
Smaller form factor: Ego Twist with a Mini Protank
Scaled up: Vamo with 18350 (or 18650 if you dont mind size) with iClear 30s.

In my mind, those are the two best "starter" combos for a reasonable price. Of course with the Vamo you also get voltage and ohm readings, plus the simplicity of variable wattage as well for a nice consistent hit regardless of what you put on top.

Nat79

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2013
Springfield, OR
Following,new to vape and I just bought a basic $30 start up kit but want to upgrade once I find the best recommendation from the forum posts thanks for everyone info

Sent from my C5170 using Tapatalk

What is peeking your interest and what's your budget? Have you played with rebuilding any heads in your cleros?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread