What's the best cig-a-like to get started?

Status
Not open for further replies.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
OK... so...

Cig-a-likes have their place and some people do manage to quit or cut back. I got from 15 a day to about 10 before I hit the buffers (as we say).

There are some quite good ones out there. My favourite was a type called KR808D-1 which is kept charged in a little case that you charge up and then keeps your battery topped up. These are called PCCs.

The cost of an 808 can vary from $3 (a battery) to $150 (for a kit) depending where you buy. The biggest unapologetic SCAM in the e-cig industry is to sell these products from maximum profit.

The tobacco companies bought a lot of the cig-a-like 'brands'. So, I would not recommend these on price or quality (value for money).
You can count out Blu & Greensmoke straight away.
Mark 10 is just nasty. Vuse and Vype (if you have those) are equally detrimental to your $$ and your chances of quitting smoking.
Halo do a G6 model (basically another industry standard battery) for about 50% more than you need to pay. It's not bad, but it's not value.

The Joyetech e-roll has a loyal following. I never thought the atomizers were great, and preferred the cartomizer type (510 or 808).

Basically, they are great to try. Beware the brands that advertise themselves as the #1 brand or the 'best' e-cigarette as as sure as smoking will kill you, these brands have faked the internet to make lots of money from the newbie vaper.

I spent $800 to reduce from 15 a day to 10 a day. :eek:

Volt do some cheap starter packs. Apparently even V2 (yes, them of much cost and marketing spin) sell some cheap stuff through gas stations and supermarkets.

Personally, at an equivalent to UK prices, if you pay more than $20 to get started (a kit) and $6-$8 for 5 refills, you are being taken for a ride.

The self-proclaimed 'kings' of the cig-a-like, charged $149 for all-inclusive kit. Please avoid that fate...

If confused... just ask... we know all the tricks and cons. :thumb:

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
If you get totally confused, buy an Njoy and vape it! :D

While I'm here (and waiting for my beer to chill) here is a little quote

Over 90% of all brands who sell cig-a-like e-cigarettes opt the KR-808D battery model.... :censored: ... it’s probably the most popular electronic cigarette battery in the world.

Reactions: Foggy Road

vapeNoob4

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2015
Hi I'm interested in trying one of those cig-a-like electronic cigarettes, I'm not a big fan of mods or vape pens. So what brand of e-cigs would you guys recommend for a newbie like me? Thx.
To get something easy you might consider Vuse by Reynolds. There are more flavors now, but a cartridge only lasts a day at best and the nicotine content in them is high I believe at 48 mg. That's what I used before I purchased a mod and rda to just see if I'd like a vape rather than a cigarette. 7-11 I also believe sells the njoy brand, but have never tried it at all.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Hi I'm interested in trying one of those cig-a-like electronic cigarettes, I'm not a big fan of mods or vape pens. So what brand of e-cigs would you guys recommend for a newbie like me? Thx.
The new NJOY daily disposable hands down. I like the classic and the menthol. You should be able to get a discount coupon at their website. Walgreens carries them here where I live.

Reactions: djsvapour

Chips177

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2014
Slidell, LA

I know this isn't what you asked, but I feel like the bad quality and price of these end up pushing more people back to smoking. If you look around this forum for any given time, you'll notice a trend of "pay it forward." You said you don't like the vape pens, but if you want to give it a good try I'll send you one of my Kanger Evod setups that got me started. All you would need is coils and juice. That way, for less than the price of the cig-a-likes, you can be up and running

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
I know this isn't what you asked, but I feel like the bad quality and price of these end up pushing more people back to smoking. If you look around this forum for any given time, you'll notice a trend of "pay it forward." You said you don't like the vape pens, but if you want to give it a good try I'll send you one of my Kanger Evod setups that got me started. All you would need is coils and juice. That way, for less than the price of the cig-a-likes, you can be up and running
Hell, I'll send him 4 or 5 more! Don't need, don't want.

Reactions: Chrissie

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
thank you for all the recommendations. you guys are awesome! I came across a brand called zemocigs.com when I was searching for free e-cig samples. Will let you guys know how it is once I try it. =)
Looking forward to your review. Very interested in all things vape even cigalikes.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
thank you for all the recommendations. you guys are awesome! I came across a brand called zemocigs.com when I was searching for free e-cig samples. Will let you guys know how it is once I try it. =)

Interesting. As long as you're not tied into some terrifying free trail that isn't free then good for you. :)

It's an 808 cig-a-like. Please don't fall for the 5 refills is 10 packs of cigarettes, as that is most certainly not true. One cartomizer is not 40 smokes, not this side of the planet Pluto anyway.

Just tread carefully. If free is free, well played! :)

I think you'll like it enough.... it what many of us used in the early days, 808 cig-a-likes. Thankfully you never put together a $100 order. :)

cymakk

Apr 6, 2016
Just wanna give you guys a update. So I received my free sample from Zemo Cigs and I absolutely loved it. It came with 1 rechargeable battery, 2 cartridges, 1 usb charger and a very nice hard carry case just as described on their web site. The e-cig looks pretty cool and feels like a real cigarette. I ordered the tobacco silk flavor and it tastes good. I'm about to order more refills from them and I think this might be the solution for me to quit smoking. So if anyone who's new to e-cig and wish to try it free, I highly recommend zemo.

Just wanna give you guys a update. So I received my free sample from Zemo Cigs and I absolutely loved it. It came with 1 rechargeable battery, 2 cartridges, 1 usb charger and a very nice hard carry case just as described on their web site. The e-cig looks pretty cool and feels like a real cigarette. I ordered the tobacco silk flavor and it tastes good. I'm about to order more refills from them and I think this might be the solution for me to quit smoking. So if anyone who's new to e-cig and wish to try it free, I highly recommend zemo.

Nice find! Glad to hear you're liking it and hopefully it helps keep you off the analogs!

Wish I would have delved a bit deeper like you did into the cig a like world, I ended up playing around the Vuse models and the NJoys. NJoys were the best you could grab at 7-11 in my opinion but didn't last long enough for the price. As others have stated if you ever feel like trying out a vape pen, I've got an EVOD 2 starter kit I wouldn't mind vaping it forward.

Good luck, Enjoy, and Any questions this place is an awesome resource to poll from.

Reactions: jwbnyc
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread