• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Where to get vaping stuff in Korea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ande

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Korea
Hi Everybody,

I'm fairly new to vaping, living in Korea (Seoul sometimes, Daegu sometimes) and have found "getting stuff" in Korea to be one of the biggest challenges. I know I'm not the only one, so here goes.

A second issue is that these things ARE taxed at import here, so not quite as cheap as in some other parts. (As a new first month vaper, I've so far spent about 3 times what I would have on ciggies.)

Koreans mostly buy things online, but it's harder for foreigners to do it here, and there are restrictions on selling ecigs online. (I can't read the restrictions, just enough to know they are there.) One thing they seem to do is "call and buy," where you phone a number from a website, place your order, and they send a messenger over, who you then pay. These are sort of a hassle, but, if your Korean's good enough of you have a spouse/partner/friend who can help, here are some websites that could be useful:

ì.„자담배 ì.€ìŠ¤íŠ¸í¬ê·¸ JUSTFOG (Decent range of basic supplies. Too expensive, but what are you gonna do. Classy looking, if you care.)

??? ????????????,?????,??,??,???,?????????,??,SUPPORT,?????/???? (Somewhat cheaper, probably the cheapest within Seoul. Somewhat less than double what you'd pay buying online in the US. THey also have a stall in YOngsan market, where I got my first ecigs. When one of my batteries died suddenly, they replaced it no questions asked. Pretty limited selection though- the "Support" is a nice looking standard 510, the Nex is some sort of ego clone, and the Xenon is something I haven't seen, with a 1300 mah battery.)

:: Janty (Standard Janty/Ovale offerings- never used their website for anything.)

There's also a Korea Vapers forum, which includes lists of products, suppliers, and a good lot of resources. If your Korean is good, you should get a lot out of: 코리아 ë².이퍼스 포럼 :: KoreaVapers.com (E-Cigarette Forum) (Mine is mediocre, so I'm always limping through it.)

If, like me, you're happy to research online, but would rather do your purchasing face to face, you'll want to go to one of the shops in town- in Seoul, the ones I've been to are in Yongsan, and in Technomart. Honestly- prices are not much different than websites within Korea. (If you have, or know somebody who has, an APO address, USE IT. You'll get MUCH cheaper supplies.)

But, face to face:

Yongsan Ipark has a few different stalls dedicated to these. I bought a 510 set (112000won, 2 batts, 2 atties, charger) from "Support" and am happy with it. GO there, wander around the electronics floors, and you'll find a few different places.

Technomart has a similar offering, plus a Janty store. (I had heard there was one in YOngsan, but never found it.) The service in Janty, Technomart was excellent. The prices are...high. (37,000 won for a bottle of juice! Yikes! But I got my PCC there, and it works great. They didn't have it in stock when I asked, so the guy called another shop down the street, then walked me over to it.) I was happy with the service, I was happy with the PCC. (40,000 won- not too bad.) The juice, honestly, was nothing special- given the price, it should be.

There are a couple of small places in Yongsan and Technomart which sell 10ml bottles of juice for 17000won. I know, it's extortionate compared to online or prices in other countries- but it's available. Selection is usually limited, but I've been happy with tobacco flavors and ry4. HAven't tried too much else.

I'll also add that Valsacar, a mod on this forum and so far the only poster on it besides me so far, is a great resource for new vapers. Seems to have been at it for a while, to know his way around, and to be willing to chat with newbs.

I'm also new to this, but if you're in Korea, new to vaping, and looking for info, don't hesitate to drop me a message.

Best,
Ande

PS- this is all a LONG way from everything. Please add whatever you find, or correct anything I've got wrong. It's a start.

Valsacar

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2010
Seoul
Forum parsing the links with the title of the website, but failing on the Korean.

You can order, generally if it's less than a few hundred USD Korean customs doesn't care. Of course, you're going to pay a ton (15-30USD) in shipping costs. I know FSUSA has gotten so many orders from Korea they now offer it as a shipping option (I think it's 15USD for under 1 pound and 25 for over... or something like that).

Valsacar

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2010
Seoul
Probably not, I believe the rule is under 200USD (might be 400) they don't even bother with checking. Of course it also depends on what they list on the customs forms (I've seen some that label as things like gift card/childs toy).

I've heard good things about the darwin, though it's not a bottle feeder.

Ande

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Korea
FreedomSmokesUSA does in fact ship to Korea.( Best Electronic Cigarettes - MyFreedomSmokes.com )

They have a flat rate for shipping, which is $29.95 on all orders. Not cheap, but...looking at the website, juice is about 1/3 the price of here in the ROK. If you order $100 worth of juice (and I'm about to!) then you're looking at 30% markup for shipping- still less than half the "here" cost, bought in yongsan or technomart.

I'll let you all know when I see how easy it is to get it here...

Best,
Ande

Ande

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Korea
Welcome, and you're welcome. I'm only a couple of months further into vaping, and...Korea can be challenging when you want to try something new.

I should add to this post- A couple of weeks ago, I went on a little trip, and discovered that vaping seems to be much more common in both Busan and Daegu than in Seoul. (based on unscientifically seeing more folks vaping on the streets, and having more folks talk to me about it...)

In Busan, the big underground shopping area in the port area (connected to Lotte world) has at least three or four e-cig shops if you wander around and find them. My favorite find: The new "Jessy" store. It's a brand of ecig I hadn't heard of, but great gear- they have an eGo clone with variable voltage built in. Really good quality. Expensive, though. I wanted to buy some carts, as I'd lost a couple of things travelling- the guy didn't have a price for them except as part of a kit (it's a new store, just opened) so he just gave me a few to tide me over. Nice guy, nice shop- there are several other shops there, as well.

There's also a Janty/ovale shop on the street at ground level near the busan train station- can't remember the address, but if you can read Korean, it's on the JantyKorea website.

In Daegu, the underground shopping area starting at Banwoldang station also has several different shops, probably 5 or 6. There's a Janty/ovale there, if you like name brand stuff, but I'm recommending "SmokeShack," because as soon as I walked in, the guy was gushing to tell me that they'd just got the new CE2 Clearomizers in! He was SO excited about them, and gave me one to try. I went back the next day and bought some, they're pretty cool.

I'm sure there are more stores in Seoul than the ones I saw first time out, too.

Ande

bomenik

Moved On
Jan 15, 2011
Spain
  • Deleted by Valsacar
  • Reason: Unreg supplier

Njt07

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2011
Ft Hood TX
In dongducheon (am I the only one here...) there is a dubacco store with ego clone batts and decent juice.

The double kit costs about 180,000won though and after using it for a while I found that the actual ego batts give mote power, this is completely anecdotal as I don't have a voltmeter but both my wife and father in law agreed.

The juice (I've never tried dekang... I don't think) isn't too bad but it's 18,000 won per 10ml but if you buy a lot the guy is willing to deal.

Another ecig place also opened up just down the road from the dubacco place near jihaeng as well, haven't been in there yet.

I love how the signs show the people using ecigs to be stylin and sophisticated though.

Bronte

Dec 14, 2011
Geoje, South Korea
Hey Ande and everyone else! I just started vaping last weekend and Ande I used your very helpful post above to search for stores in Busan. I went to Nampo (which I think is the area you were describing above) but I only found one store there. As I was desperate to begin vaping I brought an E Cigarette under the brand of Dorothy which worked great in the store. Unfortunately however by the next day one of them had lost all its power even after a battery recharge and the other now leaks nicotine each time I inhale. So I guess I was wondering if you or anyone else could recommend any other stores/brands in Busan or anywhere else? Also I've read the posts on getting it shipped over and obviously it seems like the best thing to do price wise but there also seems to be some issues with customs? As I would really like to start vaping properly as soon as possible but would also like to have a decent e cigarette what would you recommend?

Ande

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Korea
Dorothy? Hmmm. Haven't heard of it. If you could post a general description (or better, a photo) in the general forum area, someone may be able to help you get it working better in the meantime. It does sound like you may be overfilling it, or something else simple may be up- try it out.

I've ordered from Freedom smoke USA and from My Freedom Smokes without incident. Also from Innovapor, and wound up getting taxed on it. (There's another thread in this area that tells the story of how that went.)

In general, if it contains eliquid, it will be taxed IF they notice. Depending on labeling, they often may not. But if they do, and if it's clearly labeled as eliquid, it will be taxed.

If it doesn't contain eliquid, or contains less that 20ml, it shouldn't be taxed if the total value, including shipping, is less than 150,000won.

If total value is over 150,000 won, tax would be about 20% on hardware. There are other threads that cover tax on liquids.

Depending on what you're looking for, I also might consider greenhouseone or eastmall.

Best,
Ande

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread