Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
well I get bored of things quick lol. So I quit smoking when I got my Evod after a week I got bored of it and really wanted a smoke, but, I hung in there and when I got the twist it seemed to be all good again untill a day or two ago all my juices just started tasting subtle again as they did with the evod..... so I ordered an itaste ive been 16 days cig free today! But I'm really REALLY wanting a cig today and I believe its because of my lack of decent equipment

The craving to smoke may have nothing to do with your gear at all. Let's get your expectations in alignment:

There is a lot about smoking that has to do with cravings. When you switch to vaping it's not simply about getting nicotine. It's also getting used to not getting all that other crap that comes along with smoking. Cravings don't disappear in a matter of a couple of weeks. I have my last craving fit at the nine month mark. Some of this process is you have to just suck it up and learn to vape through the craving holes. They will get weaker and less frequent with time - but you have to give this some time as well.

A lot of people new to this try to treat vaping like smoking, taking short vape breaks here and there through the day or chasing cravings as they come. That doesn't work out very well. Nicotine from vaping doesn't hit you over the head in a matter of seconds as it does when smoking. It's a slow process, similar to how it gets in your system from nicotine gum. You have to actually work up to vaping enough and on a consistent basis when you start. You can make yourself sick trying to ramp up your nic level or vapor production high enough chasing after a nicotine buzz with vaping.

Also, you haven't even mentioned your nicotine level yet. It could be something as simple as needing to bump up to the next higher nicotine level, or using more than one level of nicotine. For my first four months I used a higher nic level for craving fits. The majority of the day I was fine at a lower nic level.

Gear is all very well and good but if you are missing something about the basics all the gear in the world won't fix something like not vaping enough or using too low a nic level. That, and you have to want to quit. Vaping is a way to get there, but it isn't a magic wand that makes people quit either.

Last edited:

Minnaz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2014
Australia
The craving to smoke may have nothing to do with your gear at all. Let's get your expectations in alignment:

There is a lot about smoking that has to do with cravings. When you switch to vaping it's not simply about getting nicotine. It's also getting used to not getting all that other crap that comes along with smoking. Cravings don't disappear in a matter of a couple of weeks. I have my last craving fit at the nine month mark. Some of this process is you have to just suck it up and learn to vape through the craving holes. They will get weaker and less frequent with time - but you have to give this some time as well.

A lot of people new to this try to treat vaping like smoking, taking short vape breaks here and there through the day or chasing cravings as they come. That doesn't work out very well. Nicotine from vaping doesn't hit you over the head in a matter of seconds as it does when smoking. It's a slow process, similar to how it gets in your system from nicotine gum. You have to actually work up to vaping enough and on a consistent basis when you start. You can make yourself sick trying to ramp up your nic level or vapor production high enough chasing after a nicotine buzz with vaping.

Also, you haven't even mentioned your nicotine level yet. It could be something as simple as needing to bump up to the next higher nicotine level, or using more than one level of nicotine. For my first four months I used a higher nic level for craving fits. The majority of the day I was fine at a lower nic level.

Gear is all very well and good but if you are missing something about the basics all the gear in the world won't fix something like not vaping enough or using too low a nic level. That, and you have to want to quit. Vaping is a way to get there, but it isn't a magic wand that makes people quit either.

i did mention somewhere yesterday to KODIAK that im smoking 12mg same as cigs i smoked, he said that that could be my problem.. i ordered some 24mg stuff lastnight to keep on hand like he said. so i might keep vapin my 12mg and just keep a tank of 24mg handy just incase i really need it.ive got my PT on me and ive got 5 iclear16s on the way with my itaste i was thinking 1 more tank that i can controll airflow dunno what tho... after that ill slow down as KODIAK :blush: I've just realized u could spend thousnds on mods and whatnot n get just asfar as you were just thousnds of dollers porrer lol

Minnaz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2014
Australia
Also id like to thank all u guys especially KODIAK and Shadav for all your help yesterday. just having u guys to talk to and coach me was good got me through the day instead of hanging for a smoke i was waiting in anticipation for someone to reply LOL :laugh:. i found that Chain Vaping helped ALOT so i am going to get some higher mg stuff to hold onto ill keep it in the car in my spare tank for when i need it. Thanks again good luck to all the others like me and VAPE ON :vapor:

I'll let you know how it goes when my 24mg juice gets here

poconojo

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Florida
Also id like to thank all u guys especially KODIAK and Shadav for all your help yesterday. just having u guys to talk to and coach me was good got me through the day instead of hanging for a smoke i was waiting in anticipation for someone to reply LOL :laugh:. i found that Chain Vaping helped ALOT so i am going to get some higher mg stuff to hold onto ill keep it in the car in my spare tank for when i need it. Thanks again good luck to all the others like me and VAPE ON :vapor:

I'll let you know how it goes when my 24mg juice gets here

Good idea going to 24 mg liquid. It will help you get rid of the craving for a cigarette. I know when i started vaping, I started with 36 mg to get me off the analogs, then I went down to 24mg. This is where I am still at today, at 24mg. As far as your gear goes, you may want to get a mechanical mod with a rebuildable atomiizer to go with it. You won't get tired of building your own coils to your specifications. There is nothing like vaping, when you actually customize your build to the way you want to vape. If you do go that route, I would suggest getting a good battery charger(Xstar, Pila) for your batteries. Get an ohm reader and a multimeter to test your coil builds, buy a decent mod and atomizer and you will be all set. Watch plenty of you tube videos and refer back to ECF for information.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
no worries :) that's what the forums are here for...to help all people, new and not so new ;) to vaping...and just as a general support group....
as for a top coil tank, vivi nova is the only one that I'm aware of...
if you don't mind shoping from china and can wait a month on shipping, fasttech.com is the "walmart" of vaping they sell some authentic items but mostly knock offs at dirt cheap prices, no shipping and accepts paypal
you can save a lot of money and buy a lot of different items to try and see what works best for you.
Just make sure to read the reviews/discussions and ask here in the forums before buying if you are unsure about a product.

Minnaz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2014
Australia
Not sure if it's been mentioned, as I haven't read everyone's post's. But you might want to check out the Classifieds section of ECF (which you have to be pre-approved by an Admin to view) this would ultimately save you money and you'd be able to sell /trade off your old mods for upgrades.

No noone has mentioned that. That actually sounds like a really good idea rather than having stuff sitting around that you dont use, let someone else benefit from it. Ill check it out. Thanx mate

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

Minnaz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2014
Australia
*update* my 24mg juice has come WOW that throat hit is terrifying lol i had some spare 10m jiice bottles lying around so I filled 2 put one in my car and left one at work. my new itaste vv v3 has come as well and I got to say even just with that even my 12mg juice is hitting harder and the flavor is amazing.

Thanks heaps guys! Ur the best

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

I found that I had to get two things right before the tobacco products were no longer "desirable" to me consciously or unconsciously. We have a pack of cigs and an ashtray right in the open and neither the wife nor I has touched them - not because we said we wouldn't (we never did that this time around) but because the last one each of us had tasted like licking the sidewalls of a dry rotted tire. You have to get your frame of mind away from focus on the cigs. I found that to do this I had to make vaping more desirable than smoking. I had to find both a nic level (16 or 18 for us being long term smokers, 24 was dizzying) and the right blend of PG/VG with a flavor each of us really liked enough to constantly use. For the wife she found a caramel cheesecake flavor to be the one she likes best and for me it was between black cherry or classic tobacco. The tobacco tastes more like fresh cut tobacco in the pack smells not like the taste of a burning cig. Black cherry was good but a bit too much cherry. Got a thought to try mixing the two 50/50 and voila it's perfect and I can vape it all day long. Just enough tobacco flavor to kinda emulate the thing with smoking and just enough cherry to give it an enjoyable flavor. Since I've been using it and got my MVP 2 I haven't even thought about tobacco products, not even chew/dip (I never got into those at all anyway). Over time I'll decide to go to 11mg nic and hold there for a while and maybe even find a flavor I like more as my taste and smell come back to a non-smoker level. One thing that helps reinforce not wanting tobacco anymore is smelling the cold smoke on coworkers when we come in from the outdoor break area. Yeah I go out with them even though I'm no longer smoking, partly because company rules dictate and to still have the social thing I had with cigs. They don't play the put down thing and many times I actually have people wondering ... it is I have that smells so good and how it all works. 2 coworkers have starter kits ordered and will try them out once they get them.

If your getting bored that quick
1) get some different flavors...alot of different flavors.
2) this will give you alot more heads to rebuild
3) Watch the crazy coils Rip Trippers makes...insane!
4) get a Regulated Mod ( I have Sigelei ZMax V5 )
5) get a cheap RDA and experiment with single/dual/quad/double wrapped coils.

That should get you thru the rest of the week.
P.S. When in doubt...ask! Find info no guessing on any part of the experience. Moving up the ladder takes concerns for safety.

With great power comes great responsibility.

Minnaz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2014
Australia
If your getting bored that quick
1) get some different flavors...alot of different flavors.
2) this will give you alot more heads to rebuild
3) Watch the crazy coils Rip Trippers makes...insane!
4) get a Regulated Mod ( I have Sigelei ZMax V5 )
5) get a cheap RDA and experiment with single/dual/quad/double wrapped coils.

That should get you thru the rest of the week.
P.S. When in doubt...ask! Find info no guessing on any part of the experience. Moving up the ladder takes concerns for safety.

With great power comes great responsibility.

i have a few different flavors at the moment but therer mostly different tobacco type flavors. i have some in the mail tho a cpl of fruit flavors and a couple of deserty ones..
also i have just gotten my itaste vv thats made all the flavors i have taste quite different some better some worse. i am looking at getting a VAMO from FT just to play with as ive ordered a hcigar kayfun 3.1 and im not surre how well thatll go on the itaste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread