Which one is better, Twist or Spinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotoriousJDP

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Springfield, IL, USA
I've decided I need one of these since I'm still doin' the cig-a-likes and want to upgrade. I found a site with the eGo-C Twist vv 1000mAh and the Vision Spinner vv 1300mAh for a good price ($25 each), but I just can't figure out which one to get. They look almost identical. I know either way I'll use a Vivi Nova Mini with whichever one I choose. I'm leaning towards the Spinner 'cause of the higher mAhs, but just don't know. Someone please help!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I have both--prefer the Spinners. The markings wear off--you may have to reinforce them in the future.

images

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Thanks guys...Sounds like I'm gonna go with the Spinner. Vivi Nova Mini a good choice? I'd really prefer a glass tank but they seem so expensive.

Not a fan of the Novas myself. I have a Vision mini and Smoktech 2.5ml ViVi nova and stopped using them altogether. I don't like the top coil design to begin with, I don't like the esthetics (long wicks) and they all taste off to me--even though I washed them carefully before the first use. But many folks love them--try one and see for yourself. They are not that expensive.

I prefer bottom coil Kangers--T3, eVod, ProTank. But that's just my personal preference.

lithiumdaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
I kinda did a stealth experiment on this exact question. My brother and two co-workers all decided to take the leap into quitting analogs and start vaping. My brother being in construction, I decided to recommend him to purchase what I thought would be the more rugged brand name Ego-Twist. To my two office worker friends I recommended the Vision Spinners. All were max mAh and had like clearos. The two office co workers had great luck with their Spinners and clearos alike until one dropped his on the tile break room and rendered it useless. My brother, after 1 month had dropped his Twist and it too never came back and co-incedentley shattered the poly tank. Again my brothers second battery just quit altogether with medium battering and heavy use. One co worker who turned out to need 36mg fluid and still whine, dropped his spinner about 8+ times on low pile commercial carpet and it died also. Of course he wanted me to buy it back or give him some retribution for a "bad" recommendation of hardware which I led him to several you tube videos of negative opinions and he let me off the hook. As far as asthetics, the Spinner with it's shorter fatter shape (1300) mAh won out. I sent my brother a Spinner, he too like the form factor and ease of seeing the markings. when he eventually dropped it the Spinner seemed to him it was more rugged for his trade. So if your an office worker I suppose either vv would be fine. As far as far as a more rugged trade, it seemed the 2 Twists that died and the spinner which is still in use would be safe to say, if your gonna beat it get a Spinner. Elegance, go gor the Twist. Good luck on your choice, daze

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
If you want flexibility, flavor, durability, and lost cost in the long run buy a stainless steel mod that uses an 18650 IMR battery. If you can't afford a Provari, buy a Vamo. With the built in battery mods, it's $25 every time the battery won't hold a charge. With the replaceable 18650 mods, it's $6 to $12 for a battery that will last you a year or two. I've been rotating 4 18650 batts for over a year now and I still get an all day vape from each with more time left when I swap batteries at night and charge the one I've used all day.

The great thing about the Provari is state side repair service. Almost any other mod is a throwaway when something goes wrong.

As for budget, multiply the cost of a pack times the number of packs you used to smoke every month. That's your working capital for purchases. Once you find the right mod, you make money every month after that.

Last edited:

Jonner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2010
Pennsylvania
The Spinner's dial to adjust voltage doesn't move as easily, which to me is an advantage because it doesn't move on you when pocketed. Markings for voltage where off on both the Twist and Spinner (chrome, not sure about other colors), easy fix with some model paint or paint marker.
Nice setup to try-Spinner + Evod BCC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread