• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Who all would like to go to church but not able to cause of work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWTaylor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
South Dakota
datsvaper.com
Hi guys they just let suppliers back in social groups.
Now I know there are a lot of people that would love to go to church but their work just don't let them go. I work most wed nights and sundays. The churches that I have scouted that seem like a good fit don't have services other then at these times.
My wife had strayed to the Wiccan/world worship for a while trying to find herself but she runs into the same issues I do.
We talk about the good book often, and make sure to let our lord know he is in our hearts at all times.
Well my wifes family call her a devil worshipper. She knows that the only way to enlightenment is though opening and making god a part of our lifes.
What should I do?? I want to tell them that even as a Wiccan or nature worship don't make you evil, as well as that was just a phase of her life while still having questions.
She isn't able to see her niece and that is killing her. Just cause we can't go to church.

Ddubya

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2010
Cleveland, Ohio
"For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst." Matthew 18:20.

You can have a "service" at home. Get one of these: The Lutheran Hymnal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

or one from your chosen denomination and follow a service.

Listen to a message from here: Time of Grace

Church at home. But that is not ideal--nor a long term solution.

Now it may be hard to hear...but...if God is important in your life(and going to church will strengthen your faith and relationship with God), its time to find another job:

“No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money. Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? "And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." Matthew 6:25-6:33.

"Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the LORD your God is the one who goes with you. He will not fail you or forsake you." Deuteronimy 31:6

and if you feel guilty that you can't make that leap of faith remember:

For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God. 1Peter 3:18

Maybe not what you wanted to hear--but its what the Bible says and I hope I helped.

DW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread