Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
...intense stomache aches and massive ...........

The only time I have ever had a problem with this was when I had actually ingested nicotine via Commit lozenges, Snus, Skoal, etc. Make 100% sure you never swallow e-juice. If you get it on your hands or lips, wipe it away....do NOT swallow.

Ravensfan

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2013
Baltimore, MD
About two weeks after I started vaping I had severe pain in my lungs. I went to the ER and they told me it must be a muscle pull and gave me pain pills. The pain kept getting worse and I couldn't walk across my apartment without breathing heavy, so I went back to the ER. This time they told me I had a slight case of pneumonia. They gave me an anti-biotic and the pain was gone in a couple days. I followed up with my regular doctor and he said it wasn't pneumonia, but some kind of inflammation of my lung tissue. It couldn't be pinpointed to vaping, and I have started vaping again with no issues. It was more likely caused by giving up cigarettes.

chuckintime

Oct 2, 2013
Langley
Well there are several things wrong here. Stomache pain and diarreah are both signs of nicotine abuse/od. Secondly putting anything into your lungs is going to damage them unless you are breathing from an oxygen tank. Vapor is LESS harmful than smoke, but it still has its own demons. keep in mind you have been drying out your lungs with smoke for years, now your filling them with essentially a liquid especially doing dripping is putting massive amounts of vapor in your lungs, which if you don't properly hydrate and stuff can give you pneumonia. I think the key here is moderation?

Gaspar74

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2013
Ma
I'm having same issue. I just got a new dripper a Patriot and had rebuilt it with EKOWOOL. I was doing lung hits as well as it was only way to get good vapor etc because I didn't do
A great
Job with the build also didn't boil the EKOWOOL first. I've had this happen twice before but not this bad. This is second day of lung pain. I hurt if I take a deep breath. Hurt if I lay ony back in bed. It's like pleuracy. Enflamed lungs. It's no fun. It has to be from dripping and dry hits etc.

I agree with chuckintime - You could be getting too much nicotine. I lowered my dosage when I was vaping on a carto from 18-24 mgs to 6 mgs...RDAs deliver a much larger amount of nicotine to your blood stream in just one vape. The first time I got into RDAs and mods, I vaped 24 mgs and was FLOORED!! It's not good for you...but you could also have some other underlying factors as mentioned in previous posts (medical). Also, do you find that when you vape that you're getting juice in your mouth? If so, this is serious because it can cause a nicotine overdose. Also, your hands or anywhere absorbed on skin...Hope you figure it out and feel much better.

Sue1971

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2010
Mass
I'm going to jump on this band wagon, I've been vaping now for almost 3 weeks, and the juice I've got is 18mg, I'm finding it's got to be to high for me, I've been finding myself to be chain vaping. My chest is sore from hacking alot of Flem up and left hear has been full of fluid and ringing, I'm guessing that the fluid is just from a mild cold, The ringing I've been reading could be from the high amout of nic. New bottle of ejuice coming in the mail and I droped the nic level to 6mg, So hoping that is going to solve my ringing issue..

realsis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
California
Theirs definitely something going on with your body. Could be your burning your juice but other than that I doubt that vaping is causing all those symptoms. I'm in a very sent I've group with my lungs as I have lung problems from smoking an I can honestly say vaping hasn't hurt my lungs at all. In fact I lost the wheeze I used to have. My lungs are very sensitive to irritants and I've not had any issues. Perhaps burning the juice is the reasons your lungs are hurting that way or maybe you have a infection. Please go see a doctor. I see a lung doctor myself and he's glad I quit smoking and took up vaping. I don't think your doctor will react negatively towards you. You just might somehow be allergic to something in the juice. That's possible. You can rule out what that is by trying just pg, then try just vg, and see which causes the irritant. Also lower your voltage to insure your not burning. Rule out these things then pinpoint what is your irritation. Once you find it you can cut it out. But incase something is seriously wrong you should definitely see a doc.

Amraann

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
Florida
I'm going to jump on this band wagon, I've been vaping now for almost 3 weeks, and the juice I've got is 18mg, I'm finding it's got to be to high for me, I've been finding myself to be chain vaping. My chest is sore from hacking alot of Flem up and left hear has been full of fluid and ringing, I'm guessing that the fluid is just from a mild cold, The ringing I've been reading could be from the high amout of nic. New bottle of ejuice coming in the mail and I droped the nic level to 6mg, So hoping that is going to solve my ringing issue..

In your case I am going to suggest that your lungs are beginning to clear out the gunk left over from smoking.
If your ears have been filling with fluid and ringing ... it could be an ear infection. Please go get that checked :)

Storemyace

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2014
Canada
This happened to me this morning. It was terrible and took me 25 vapes at the lowest Voltage and Power to get my vaping back to normal.

I've seen a few suggestions.
Drink a glass or two of cold water before vaping.
Prime your e-cig by giving a few shots without inhaling.
Try taking a mouth hit instead of a lung hit.
Put a spoon full of sugar under your tongue as let it dissolve.

jensy

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Fort Nelson, BC, Canada
This happened to me this morning. It was terrible and took me 25 vapes at the lowest Voltage and Power to get my vaping back to normal.

I've seen a few suggestions.
Drink a glass or two of cold water before vaping.
Prime your e-cig by giving a few shots without inhaling.

Try taking a mouth hit instead of a lung hit.
Put a spoon full of sugar under your tongue as let it dissolve.

What the heck is the sugar under your tongue suppose to do ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread