Why are stainless steel vamo v2's so hard to find right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNastyTime

May 11, 2012
madison
I have looked all over before I finally found some at north east vapor supplies, who mailed me my package 2 hours after ordering. One other question, I recently bought an Evic, the vamo, and have a v1 lavatube from about a year ago. Are there any specific things that separate these ecigs or will i basically have three of the same ecigs? They will all be attached to ibtanks 19ml standard boge assemblies.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
I have looked all over before I finally found some at north east vapor supplies, who mailed me my package 2 hours after ordering. One other question, I recently bought an Evic, the vamo, and have a v1 lavatube from about a year ago. Are there any specific things that separate these ecigs or will i basically have three of the same ecigs? They will all be attached to ibtanks 19ml standard boge assemblies.

The stainless steel vamos just came out a little over two months ago. They are fairly durable and fingerprint resistant. They are affordable, they are able to take several battery configurations...and last but not least, they are popular.

I believe that I read somewhere that all three use the same basic circuitry, so in that respect they are the same. The vamo is going to be both heavier and more durable than the Evic and the lavatube, unless you bought the stainless Evic upgrade kit, in which case the Vamo will still be bigger.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand

The Vamo and Evic both have variable voltage and variable wattage. The lavatube v1 is variable voltage only.
The Vamo will be the most accurate of the three in terms of the output matching what you set.
The Vamo can go to higher watts than the Evic - if you use two 18350s with the Vamo you can go to 15 watts. You can also use a single 18650 or 18350 and go to about 13 watts. The Evic will go to 11 watts, and uses a single battery. Most people vape below 10 watts anyway so both of them should meet your needs.

The Evic has downloads which add features and updates the device. This included the MVR update - something no other pv has, with the possible exception of the Janty Mid - but we haven't really seen reports/reviews of the Janty Mid in action yet. The Evic MVR allows you to tailor your vape - for example some people start at 8 watts for a certain no. of secs, then will have it lower.

The lavatube v1 is variable voltage and won't be accurate. i.e. the voltage output will differ to what you set. You'll find the settings you like anyway, You'll probably find it a back up device since both the Vamo and Evic have variable voltage as well as variable wattage and you can change from one to the other with the click of a button.

Railrust

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
The Vamo and Evic both have variable voltage and variable wattage. The lavatube v1 is variable voltage only.
The Vamo will be the most accurate of the three in terms of the output matching what you set.
The Vamo can go to higher watts than the Evic - if you use two 18350s with the Vamo you can go to 15 watts. You can also use a single 18650 or 18350 and go to about 13 watts. The Evic will go to 11 watts, and uses a single battery. Most people vape below 10 watts anyway so both of them should meet your needs.

The Evic has downloads which add features and updates the device. This included the MVR update - something no other pv has, with the possible exception of the Janty Mid - but we haven't really seen reports/reviews of the Janty Mid in action yet. The Evic MVR allows you to tailor your vape - for example some people start at 8 watts for a certain no. of secs, then will have it lower.

The lavatube v1 is variable voltage and won't be accurate. i.e. the voltage output will differ to what you set. You'll find the settings you like anyway, You'll probably find it a back up device since both the Vamo and Evic have variable voltage as well as variable wattage and you can change from one to the other with the click of a button.

Funny thing about that. Just got my Vamo V2 and it seems to burn the juice no matter what i have it set to. seems real hot. I have it on VV and have to set it all the way down to 3.0 v. I went back to my old school Lavatube V1. Works great. Has anyone heard of that with there Vamo's? I did back in Dec. buy a Mid One....hope its good!! Might just get a Provari.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Funny thing about that. Just got my Vamo V2 and it seems to burn the juice no matter what i have it set to. seems real hot. I have it on VV and have to set it all the way down to 3.0 v. I went back to my old school Lavatube V1. Works great. Has anyone heard of that with there Vamo's? I did back in Dec. buy a Mid One....hope its good!! Might just get a Provari.

Are you in No 2 mode? That's the accurate RMS mode. If you are in No 1 then you're in AVG mode and it will be hitting higher than the displayed setting.
Hold down one of the small buttons until see you see either No 1 or No 2.
If you see No 2 leave it there. If you see No 1 hold it down again until you see No 2.
I suspect you're in No 1 mode and 3 volts is actually going to be higher than that in that mode.

poetofisis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2011
Gillette, WY
www.hotheadvapor.com
Mmm... could be the PWM signal these newer devices use to achieve different voltage levels. The LavaTube v1 uses a flat dc current, similar to the rectified Provari, albeit not quite as accurately. In PWM devices, according to PBusardo's work, they adjust the duty cycle (percentage of time on) to deliver the set voltage. Basically, they'd be (completely guessing here) 45% on at 6v to achieve 3.5 or summat. I could see how this might burn juice in more wick sensitive systems. Referenced Info: A PBusardo Video - PWM, Vrms, And Moving Forward - YouTube

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Sad to see people offering outdated knowledge when things have changed.
Bias belted tire discussion anyone?

VAMO
Press Both small buttons 5 seconds to change to change to WATTS
Press 1 small button(either) for 15 seconds to change to NO2 RMS mode
Very accurate - .5 watt adjustment - Stable power delivery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread