Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I'm just kinda surprised that you really seem to know battery theory( more then I do anyways) and don't know of rotating cells, that's been discussed for years on here and CPF but it may be more confined to these cells and applications I guess.

I do know lipo doesn't seem to suffer the same sensitivities in regards to abuse like lion/ hybrids

In fact the manufacturers of our li cells don't even like us using them the way we do

I'm sure if you search CPF and reddit you'll get more in depth and coherent information then my sloppy cut n pastes

Last edited:

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015

I think you're right.

I had heard about rotating cells before but never was able to find an fuller explanation of why it's needed, just that one cell was said to work harder than the other. I posed the question here to see if anyone could tell me what's going on behind the recommendation to rotate. The concept of rotating is definitely not part of any battery/pack design consideration I have ever been part of in the industrial/automotive/aerospace world I deal with. Really surprised me when I read about it so I was curious to find out more.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 28, 2012
    Madeira beach, Fla
    Well I don't know how true it is, and depending on where you look rotating seems to be hotly debated I guess that's why its called a theory.

Since everyone did/does it not too many battery failures have been reported
    But

it makes me think of the old y2k paradox.

Many believed Y2k was going to cripple the worlds computers
    Everyone prepared for it
    While many said nothing would happen.

Nothing did happen

Is that because they were prepared beforehand?, or because it wasn't going to affect anything anyways?.......

Reactions: Mooch
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread