Why isn't the drawtube smart v3 the best selling mech of all time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
How are you guys getting along with this? Are the 510 threads holding up with stainless attys like the oddy clone? I'm looking at it again.. Thinking about trying it out. Saw Todd's rewiew of the older version with the really loose 510 threads and that worries me.

Op - do you have the one with the brass pins? Anyone? Is it a major improvement?

Looking at this one - LavaFire Smart V3 - Mechanical Telescopic Mod

Lando80

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2013
Louisville KY
How are you guys getting along with this? Are the 510 threads holding up with stainless attys like the oddy clone? I'm looking at it again.. Thinking about trying it out. Saw Todd's rewiew of the older version with the really loose 510 threads and that worries me.

Op - do you have the one with the brass pins? Anyone? Is it a major improvement?
Very durable mod. The threads are holding up just fine. And the switch works well after replacing the Delrin with a brass wood screw. However, manufacturing has come a long way since my original post. I would recommend several other mods over this one, most of them at a lower price point. If this style mod is your cup o tea, then the EA clone at fasttech would be a better choice for less money. It lacks the ability to set up the switch in thumb button format but does perform better. The 69 style reconfigurable button in the Smart adds two more points of contact that contribute to more voltage loss. If a thumb button is more your speed, then there are some other options. Fasttech now has a poldiac clone. I haven't seen any reviews yet but if the clone's firing mechanism is actually 1:1 then it's a huge winner.

So in conclusion, the Smart is a decent mech but there are better ones for less money these days.

Last edited:

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
A long way it's only been 2 months.. Lol yeah with fast tech and the clone craze, it's pretty crazy. But it's only 2 moths.. Anyway yeah I just really want that solid piece of metal with threads instead of a standard 510 connector which doesn't last with heavy attys... been through 2 apv's in 3 months. will go check fast tech and see if I can find one I like in the states. I need one in a week or 2 before my mod totally craps out .

Thanks!

smelly

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Central, FL USA
I know this thread is aging but Lavafire arrived in the mail today. It's pretty cool. I didn't find the button throw smooth. Noticed a good bit of side to side wobble in the button. Also must press rather hard to make solid connection, if I don't = misfire. I like that the spring is not needed = those big pos/neg battery contacts are nice. In 350 mode without the spring there is no connection and a ton of battery rattle so I have to put the spring back in.

Finish is alright, threads are alright. Noticed a couple reviews said vent holes won't work because they're on wrong part of the tube...? That's not true. There are vent holes inside the switch housing that allow air to pass freely through the entire body and switch. Maybe those people didn't notice them.

Overall I'd say it's a pretty sweet toy for the price. I'm gonna sand all the contacts and see if that helps the need to press hard to complete connection. Why isn't it the best selling mech of all time?... Well... I don't know either honestly... probably the switch contact thing? For the money though... side button form factor that most people find more comfortable... hoping sanding the contacts will fix hard-press issue... can run any size battery... can run any atty (ego clearos excluded) and look good doing it... Yeah I don't know. It's definitely not high end and not my favorite device by a long shot but yeah... everyone probably should own one as a knock around mod.

I can't wait to take mine fishing with a igo hahaha blowing fog all over the water.

The wife likes it more than my Paps Lux I was letting her use... which is just plain silly. I think she just prefers side button form factor THAT much.

It's waaay better than the dumb Zenesis 2 hybrid. I don't understand how people still buy or support the Zen products. I'm not normally a vengeful person but I feel so totally fooled that I hope Zen goes away and never makes another vape related product or dollar. I know... harsh. Not my usual style but dang those things suck and that jerk has a few hundred of my dollars that I'm not allowed to get back. Maybe I should start a thread "Why aren't Zen hybrids the worst selling mechs of all time?" Hahahaha anyone wanna buy a Zen from me hahahaha?

scrappy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Seattle
It's waaay better than the dumb Zenesis 2 hybrid. I don't understand how people still buy or support the Zen products. I'm not normally a vengeful person but I feel so totally fooled that I hope Zen goes away and never makes another vape related product or dollar. I know... harsh. Not my usual style but dang those things suck and that jerk has a few hundred of my dollars that I'm not allowed to get back. Maybe I should start a thread "Why aren't Zen hybrids the worst selling mechs of all time?" Hahahaha anyone wanna buy a Zen from me hahahaha?

There have been a lot of posts lately like this about Zen products. Personally I won't buy a mod that uses a screw I can get from home depot for the switch and atomizer connection. I demand a higher form of elegance from a $260 mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread