Wicking material?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
I didn't get into RBAs till April of this year. I'm running kayfuns and truthfully have no desire to get a different one. It's easy to coil, and fill and holds almost a days worth of liquid for me.

All that said I'm trying to find a wick with tr flavor of cotton but eh resilience and durability of silica.
I started with ekowool and ack- it tastes like .....
Switched to cotton and the flavor is outa sight!
Only with some juices the wick needs to be changed in every fill. Some it'll hold out for a while but not all.
Any advice or recommendations on another wick material that doesn't taste like poop?

supersport13

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2013
United States
I didn't get into RBAs till April of this year. I'm running kayfuns and truthfully have no desire to get a different one. It's easy to coil, and fill and holds almost a days worth of liquid for me.

All that said I'm trying to find a wick with tr flavor of cotton but eh resilience and durability of silica.
I started with ekowool and ack- it tastes like .....
Switched to cotton and the flavor is outa sight!
Only with some juices the wick needs to be changed in every fill. Some it'll hold out for a while but not all.
Any advice or recommendations on another wick material that doesn't taste like poop?
Bro.....Cellucotton...available at Sallys beauty supply stores. Check out the thread in rebuildable atomizer systems. Just started using the stuff in my KFL+ and it truly will elevate your vaping experience! Not one single dry hit or flooding yet. It wix awesome.

soulcatcher

Verified Member
Apr 30, 2014
Behind You *.*
Bro.....Cellucotton...available at Sallys beauty supply stores. Check out the thread in rebuildable atomizer systems. Just started using the stuff in my KFL+ and it truly will elevate your vaping experience! Not one single dry hit or flooding yet. It wix awesome.

+1 CC is quite awesome. It performs better all around, and it is easier to work w/ because the fibers are all uniform/straight so you can work it back and forth to thin it down, it doesn't stay compressed (is spring back). As stated before, it wicks better and it seems to hold up better.

I use a liquid w/ a very lots of sweetener, which has caused me many issues w/ gunking in cotton. I'm 20 or so mils thru my wick and no issues so far. Def worth a try.

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014

thank ya'll! Picked some up yesterday!!! It definitely makes a difference...
Thank sweet baby Jesus; I had a funeral for my remaining silica.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danssoslow

Verified Member
Does this cellucotton need to be boiled?

I cannot comment on Graham's procedure to sterilize their Cellucotton; but some due diligence in finding out about Rayon led me to this:
Tampons and Asbestos, Dioxin, & Toxic Shock Syndrome

A strong assumption on my part; but seeings that hydrogen peroxide is so widely used to sterilize cotton, I'd err that Cellucotton is sterilized in the same manner. Thus, if you feel the need to boil your cotton, you'd probably prefer the same with the Cellucotton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread