Will 100% VG mute my flavors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinker Ray

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
I mix my own saline - use kosher salt from the grocery store because it is pure salt only. Isotonic saline solution is 9mg or 1.62 teaspoons salt per liter distilled water. To keep it simple, use 1/2 teaspoon per cup of water. Since you will be mixing with additional distilled water to dilute VG, that should be close enough...

bcollier9253

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
It says "not for injection, but a coworker's mom is a nurse, and originally when I needed some syringes to use for mixing, she brought me a bag full of syringes that were full. They say "0.9% sodium chloride injection, usp. sterile solution. single use. normal saline." This seems to be identical, except for the "for injection" part. What is the difference, why can't I use that?

That original quote was from we2rcool, it kinda stumped me as well. I get mine from an EMT buddy of mine in syringes as well. Could be wrong but I'm agreeing with Danny45 and thinkin there're the same thing.

buffaloguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2012
Buffalo NY
@buffaloguy. You have any experience with One on One flavors? They're mainly PG based. I have a 80vg/15%DW/5% Saline mix. Testing out flavors but can't seem to get the sweetness in any of the ones I've tested. Tried their Sweetart, Coconut, and Vanilla custard by themselves. Haven't given them a warm bath yet so maybe that's what I'm missing....but some have been steeping for weeks and still no sweetness. I have mixes with 5%, 8%, 10%, 15%, and stopped at 20% cause I figured it shouldn't be that high so I'm doing something wrong. Any help is much appreciated.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Only a few of their flavors Ive tried. Have you added any sweetener? Are you maybe using too much saline? That might counteract the natural sweetness of vg.

The thing is that if you like a sweet juice then its a double edged sword. In my experience any sweetening additive kills flavors after a few days. So what I generally recommend is if you are going to use something like sucralose or stevia then only make enough to last you those few days.

Do a test yourself. Make the same exact mix one with sweetener and one without. Steep it in rhe crock then let them sit three days. You should notice a substancial difference in flavor strength between the two. I always have found that any mix without sweeteners is more stable.

Of course you could mix your juice and then add a drop of sweetener in your tank when you vape instead of adding it to your juice when mixing. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread