Will these two work together

Status
Not open for further replies.

shannannagans

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2013
Alabama USA
Okay this is confusing it says it's for "Suitable for CE4/CE5/CE7/VI,etc atomizer" meaning it should work with the EVOD if I'm not wrong, could you explain this to me please?

Kanger style tanks (Evods, T2, T3, etc) are thicker than CE4/CE5/etc. because of the metal on the outside, and they are made thicker than the stardust-type tanks.

So for the evod, you will have to get the $2 adapter.

Last edited:

brock957

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2013
Powder Springs GA
It may or may not fit without the adapted. I find with the adapter you get better air flow for a better draw since it isn't screwing down into the vamo. I've switched to using a protank which doesn't need the adapter. It's good to have the adapted and a beauty ring on hand. Better to have something you may or may not need that to not have it and need it. It's to cheap to not get.

Nicadmus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
Portland, Oregon, United States
Agree with Brock and the others. You are correct in your thinking, and the EVOD will work without the adapter in most circumstances. But having the adapter can serve as a fail safe.

For example, I purchased five of those same EVOD's from Fasttech and three fit just fine on my Zmax (Ego threaded just like the Vamo). Two wouldn't thread on at all. All five DID thread onto the adapter, though. For two dollars it's definitely a nice thing to have.

Sidenote: You may want to consider going for the slightly more expensive Vamo kit ($50) that includes the NiteCore charger and Panasonic batteries. Both the charger and batteries rate among some of the better out there.

Agree with Brock and the others. You are correct in your thinking, and the EVOD will work without the adapter in most circumstances. But having the adapter can serve as a fail safe.

For example, I purchased five of those same EVOD's from Fasttech and three fit just fine on my Zmax (Ego threaded just like the Vamo). Two wouldn't thread on at all. All five DID thread onto the adapter, though. For two dollars it's definitely a nice thing to have.

Sidenote: You may want to consider going for the slightly more expensive Vamo kit ($50) that includes the NiteCore charger and Panasonic batteries. Both the charger and batteries rate among some of the better out there.

What's the worst that can happen if I stick with this that I ordered? Can I fry the e-cig.. And do you have a estimate of how long will it last?

Glen Snyder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
If you get the newer model Vamo V3 it works with all 510 and eGo connections without the need for an adapter.

$53.63 Vamo V3 Variable Voltage E-Cigarette Battery Compartment Set with OLED Screen - with Nitecore I2 US battery charger/charger cable/2*Panasonic 18650 batteries at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

The Panasonic batteries in this kit are highly regarded on this forum and the charger is better than the one in your link in addition to the upgraded V3.

Thanks for the tip but unfortunately I didn't have to cash to spend this time, so this is more of a budget thing. In the future I'll look into buying something more sophisticated. Hopefully it'll work properly until the adapter arrives.

Nicadmus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
Portland, Oregon, United States
I think the batteries in the kit you ordered will be fine, I just wanted to mention the Nitecore/Panasonic option because of all the praise they receive as being some of the better ones out there. I have a friend who ordered the same kit you did and he's had no issues with anything over the first two months of using it.

Alchapwn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Union, MO, USA

Was reading through the battery info thread here on ecf and was curious as to why you would recommend this kit? are Li-ion batteries ok to use now? From what i was reading they werent the best/safest choice in a battery. I'm not trying to scare anyone off, just curious cuz i might buy this kit for that price..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread