Wismec Reuleaux rx200s & Molicel P28A batteries & Smok TV4

ComputerJunkie

Sep 7, 2013
USA
Hi, please be patient with me. I can't even remember why, but I got away from vaping for quite a few years now and have decided to jump back in.

Remember the Rx200s? I have 3 that are still brand new in the box but I need batteries.

After looking around I saw they now have the Molicel P28A's & I am just wanting to check with you guys that you consider this to be a good match? Seems it would be since it's over the 25A requirement.

I do still have a TFV4 tank in great shape and wondering if you guys know of someplace that is still selling the premade replacement coils? Or do I have to bite the bullet and move up to the Smok TVF16? I know I have an rba for the TFV4, but heck, it's been SO long I don't know if I still have the knack to make my own coils! (I still have the supplies to do so, though!) And I used to make my own e-juice, as well.

The online shops I was most familiar with and had bookmarked, well let's just say with all the legal stuff, they bit the dust. (RIP)

Only information I can find is basically from 2016 or so, which doesn't help me in 2023. lol

Please bear in mind I am getting older and not so hep anymore. haha

Thanks for any help you can bring my way.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
Hi, please be patient with me. I can't even remember why, but I got away from vaping for quite a few years now and have decided to jump back in.

Remember the Rx200s? I have 3 that are still brand new in the box but I need batteries.

After looking around I saw they now have the Molicel P28A's & I am just wanting to check with you guys that you consider this to be a good match? Seems it would be since it's over the 25A requirement.

I do still have a TFV4 tank in great shape and wondering if you guys know of someplace that is still selling the premade replacement coils? Or do I have to bite the bullet and move up to the Smok TVF16? I know I have an rba for the TFV4, but heck, it's been SO long I don't know if I still have the knack to make my own coils! (I still have the supplies to do so, though!) And I used to make my own e-juice, as well.

The online shops I was most familiar with and had bookmarked, well let's just say with all the legal stuff, they bit the dust. (RIP)

Only information I can find is basically from 2016 or so, which doesn't help me in 2023. lol

Welcome back to the World of vaping!!!

Batteries??? Our Mooch is The Battery Expert. He rates the Molicel P28A as the best performing 18650. Those would be perfect for your RX200's.

Here is the link to Mooch's Blog where you will find info on recommended batteries and the online stores he recommends.

The 18650 Battery Store has the P28A's for $4.99 each.

IMR Batteries has them for the same price.

Both are excellent USA based online stores and they ship fast.

Here is the link to Mooch's recommended batteries:

-1.jpg

As far as drop-in coils for your Smok tanks, sorry I can't help you. @JCinFLA is the person to ask. She knows where all the best deals are to be found.

Hope that helps and Good Luck!!! :)

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I do still have a TFV4 tank in great shape and wondering if you guys know of someplace that is still selling the premade replacement coils?
Some US vendors, and some overseas, still have SMOK coils made for use in the TFV4 and TFV4 Mini tanks. However, there are many different variations of the coils. It would help me with my searching and to find the best deal for you...if you'll identify exactly which coils you'd use, from the list below.

TF-Q4 (Quadruple Sub-Ohm Coil): 0.15ohm
TF-T3 (Triple Sub-Ohm Coil): 0.20ohm
TF-CLP2 (Clapton Dual Coil Head): 0.35ohm, 30~90W
TF-S6 (Sextuple Coil Head): 0.4ohm, 30~100W
TF-Ti (Titanium Dual Coil Head): 0.33ohm, 450-600F
TF-N2 (Ni200 Dual Coil Head): 0.12ohm, 420-600F
TF-N2 Air (with Two More Air Holes): 0.12ohm, 420-600F
TF-T2 (Higher Resistance Dual Coil Head): 1.5ohm, 20~45W
TF-T2 Air (with Two More Air Holes): 1.5ohm, 20~45W
TF-STC2 (Stainless Steel with Clapton Coil Prebuilt): 0.25ohm, 350-550F, 40~70W
TF-T4 (Quadruple Clapton Core): 0.26ohm rated for 60~150W, 0.46ohm rated for 60~120W
TF-T8 (Octuplet Fused Clapton Core): 0.16ohm, 100~140W

Or do I have to bite the bullet and move up to the Smok TVF16?
I don't think you'll have to do that. Even if your preferred coils aren't available, and/or at a reasonable price...there are definitely other less expensive SMOK TFV tank versions than the TFV16 and more readily available, less expensive coils for them.

Last edited:

ComputerJunkie

Sep 7, 2013
USA
Hey Guys, thanks SO much for all the info!

Mordacai and Showme, thanks for the battery info to read! And I can't believe only $4,99, so I will be grabbing some of those!

Ah nutz, JcinFLA! I have a notebook around here that I kept everything vape related in: coils, settings, e-juice recipes...I have to find it. But, I did find a box with some of my old vaping supplies in and for whatever reason, I kept some of my old coils (Don't ask! I dunno! LOL) and I can clearly see I have more TF-T3's, then TF-T2's. I see I did use the TF-T4's in 3rd place. But I don't have any of the other used ones, so I have to find that notebook.

There's only one I know I don't want for sure, I forget the name of the single big hole, but that was just a waste of e-juice for bigger clouds, so no good. TF-04 maybe??

I don't know if I can ask some other questions here for getting set back up, or should I post each question in the correct category?

I'm already regretting stepping away from vaping! This is cool to get back into this. :)))

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I can clearly see I have more TF-T3's, then TF-T2's. I see I did use the TF-T4's in 3rd place. But I don't have any of the other used ones, so I have to find that notebook.
The TF-T2 coils [1.5ohm, rated for 20-45W]...are quite different compared to the TF-T3 [0.20ohm, triple sub-ohm] and both of the TF-T4 [Quadruple Clapton Core at 0.26ohm and rated for 60~150W, or 0.46ohm and rated for 60~120W]. But, I can start looking for some of those 4 coils to see what I can find.

There's only one I know I don't want for sure, I forget the name of the single big hole, but that was just a waste of e-juice for bigger clouds, so no good. TF-04 maybe??
There isn't a TF-04 coil in the chart. It's hard to tell, but the one in the chart is actually a TF-Q4...the Quadruple Sub-Ohm Coil: 0.15ohm. The Q just looks like a 0.

Reactions: zoiDman

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I don't know if I can ask some other questions here for getting set back up, or should I post each question in the correct category?
If the other questions are about devices, IMO they'll be fine to ask in this same forum. If they're about materials you'd need to get back into DIY eliquids...I'd post them in the DIY Eliquids subforum instead. That way a mod won't be moving them there later.

lamywaby

Moved On
Feb 8, 2023

The online shops I was most familiar with and had bookmarked, well let's just say with all the legal stuff, they bit the dust polished concrete tampa. (RIP)

After a few postal delays and a jumbled schedule, I’ve finally managed to get the popular RX200 review written.
Three 18650 batteries, 200W of power and firmware that can be updated. All for a small pricetag and in a nice looking package.
Can I get a .... YEAH over here?

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Here's my preferred choices below...

YES:
TF-T3 TF-Ti TF-N2
TF-S6 TF-STC2 TF-T2

Side Note: TF-T4 and TF-T8 aren't in the set of 12 - must be later models. Never tried these 2, so would be interested just to see what they are like.

NO:
TF-Q4 TF-STC2 TF-T2 Air
TF-CLP2
OK, I'm a little confused. :) You have the TF-STC2 in the YES group and in the NO group. So, which is it?

I'm asking because yesterday morning I'd already found a US vendor who still has 26 boxes of them for less than $2.00 per box + S/H. Because they're so cheap, I'd rather not post a link to them here though, so you'll have "first dibs" on getting them if they're a YES. I'll send you a PM [private message] with the link to them though. Just click on the pic of the envelope at the top of this page, when there's a little red circle with a 1 in it...that'll let you know I've sent the message to you.

• Winner
Reactions: Izan

ComputerJunkie

Sep 7, 2013
USA
I just have to say, "Thank you guys!" I am officially back to vaping full-time as of today!

P.S. Isn't that crazy?! I just wrote this reply and below I decided to click on the old thread link below mine and they are talking about this model with the TFV4. Yet, while reading it, I am amazed I am having no issues with this setup. It's the first time I ever used these Reuleaux's and I have 3 of them that I had stuffed away for when my Fuchai 200TC broke, which to my amazement is working great, as well. I think I am going to get another tank, just so I can go back and forth between e-juices.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Izan

Users who are viewing this thread