Without a working battery ~ I'm real crabby now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

h4rdh4t

Moved On
Dec 2, 2011
uk
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Moved On

h4rdh4t

Moved On
Dec 2, 2011
uk
  • Deleted by classwife

h4rdh4t

Moved On
Dec 2, 2011
uk
  • Deleted by classwife

theWayISshut

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2011
Peel Region, CA
I'm new to this myself and I'm also trying to come up with an ideal setup
that doesn't hurt the pocket. This is what I came up with with my brother's
assistance who is more experienced in this.

buy plenty of these batteries:

thumbnail.asp

Ultrafire Protected 14500 Battery, 900 mAH -- $4.80/each

These batteries are commonly used in box mods.

I'll also get at one of these:

thumbnail.asp

2xAA Box Mod -- $24/each

So now you have a device comparable to an Ego and the advantage is
you can buy as many batteries as you like and you don't have to throw
the whole thing when the battery dies.

Get one of these also:
thumbnail.asp

TrustFire TR-001 Lithium Ion Battery Charger - $10/each

This charger can charge many types of batteries including 14650 which is
used in E-Power rigs.

Speaking of E-Power, I'm going to buy one kit. Or I can opt to buy just the
housing:

blackepowerspare.png

E-POWER Spare Kit 14650 - BLACK RUBBERIZED $23.45

Don't forget to buy 14650, which are about half an inch longer than 14500s.

thumbnail.asp

Ultrafire Flat-Top Protected 14650 Battery, 1300 mAH $6.50/each

E-Power can take both batteries 14500 and 14650. The former is smaller so
you need an extra spring for this.

There you go. This setup is clean and very organized. One charger for all
batteries. You can also opt to buy 2 chargers if you want.

Btw, this setup still doesn't include cartomizers/atomizers yet. You can order
whichever one you prefer. I prefer cartos, personally.

Last edited:

GracieM

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2011
USA
I ended up with Hershey w/almonds. No peanut butter cups. :( Just wasn’t my day yesterday lol.

This battery is working still. Whew! No desperate measures...yet ;). Waiting and hoping it charges up now. Appears to be charging fine.

I did splurge and ordered a Prodigy last night. Will being purchasing a lot of extra batteries.

Will be saving my money and will get a few more different types of e-cigarettes. Reading posts on forum, each mod has their pros and cons and having different e-smoking experiences by owning different types is a good plan. I do have to remember, what I $pent on analogs @ 2 packs a day in NY. I don’t think I’ve even gone past that yet in batteries, Prodigy, atty’s, cartos. Once set up, should be good for a while.

Ordering a Christmas gift for a family member, I will go to Madvapes and check out the 2xAA Box Mod and Epower. I had thought Epower was automatic and happy to see it is not. Thinking, he may like the Box Mod better. I can try it for free then too ;)
Thanks!
TGIF~ Have a great weekend! ~ :vapor:

Balthezar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2011
Fayetteville, GA
Way to go, Gracie :) Sorry about the peanut butter cups, though :(. You should be set up pretty well, and hopefully not go through this again. I hope I never do, but I only have the 510 and my 650mAh eGo passthough, fortunately I'm never very far away from a computer, so dead batteries shouldn't be a problem *knock on wood*. And today I should be getting another passthrough, from a friend here, this one a 900mAh eGo.

You have a great weekend, too and keep on :vapor:

Balth

XKingXGregX

Moved On
Mar 19, 2011
hartford, ct
Its murpheys law ive had alll my stuff stop working on the same day except for a 5 volt boxmod than would statt to melt if I didnt flip the master switch off everytime. start making it a hobby to buy mods personally I stay away from ego style batteries of any sort check out lavatube its a vv hv with kit shipped for 100 bucks or maybe try madvapes they sell cheap mods starting at 15 bucks

theWayISshut

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2011
Peel Region, CA
Those madvapes boxmods are great but they wont last forever buy two just incase I never used the 3.7 I got the 5 volt mod now they have a vv boxmod too for around 30

The idea with the 2xAA is that they take only one battery which lasts about the same as an Ego with a 900 mah. Since batteries are cheap, you can have as many as you can afford. But I haven't made up my mind yet. Their portable size attracts me more than anything else plus you only replace batteries, not the entire unit.

If I may ask, if you have to buy a 3AA box mod, why a 5V, not a VV? Seems that a fixed voltage is limited to using higher resistances. Like I said, I still haven't made up my mind yet, so I'm open to other setups.

XKingXGregX

Moved On
Mar 19, 2011
hartford, ct
The vv is best one for cheap. The 5 volt will crank vapor out though for a 15 dollar mod u cant go wrong. theres inexpensive bottom feeder boxmods too idk if they leak though. wetboxs etc. I used to buy cheapo mods but soon realized I liked vaping enough to buy a provari and a few other $150 mods and call it a day

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread