Wondering about: battery chemistry, charging methods, atty resistance etc on entry level kits like Joye

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdocod

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2010
Colorado
Title pretty much cover the question but I'll explain the reason for asking each:

1. Battery chemistry: If they are using LiCo chemistry in very small format cells that fit into the very small tubes of some of the smaller profile units, then I see a risk of fire/explosion from operating the cells above their maximum rated discharge rate.

2. Charging methods: Lithium-Ion calls for strict charging methods. Deviating from them in some ways will not cause harm, however, there are many common deviations from the standard charge method found in many cheap li-ion chargers that can introduce danger and unnecessary cell wear and tear, especially on LiCo chemistry cells. My largest concern is whether or not anyone has tested to confirm proper charge termination of these cheaper entry level ecigs.

3. atty resistance: This will help me understand the typical discharge rates to expect from the cell, and will help determine what the minimum cell size I am interested in starting off with would be. This is most important if these kits are primarily LiCo chemistry, if they are LiMn or LiFePO4 then it's not as big a concern for safety, only runtime.

If anyone can help with any of these subjects I would very much appreciate it!

Thank You,
Eric

PS: if anyone can point me to a production ecig that operates on loose li-ion cells of 16340 size or larger that would be great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread