Woodvil 18490 battery question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rictic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Miami, FL
Hey guys. I looked through the REO topics index for an answer and couldn't find one about this question specifically:

I found these batteries recently: AW 18500 Protected Rechargeable Lithium Battery

I know I should probably avoid flat top batteries, so I made sure to exclude some of the protected AWs from the possibilities, but this one I see has a "nippled" (for lack of a better term :oops:) positive end so it's plausible. I know the new mini 2.1s fit 18500s per the description on the REO site, but does anyone have an educated guess on whether the ones on the link above would work on a Woodvil 18490? The ones on the link are 1500mah, a nice bump up from the 1100mah AW 18490 red batteries but I'm not positive whether it will fit or if it's ok to use protected batteries. Don't want to put too much strain on the coil.

Same question for these http://www.lighthound.com/AW-18650-Protected-2200-mAh-Rechargeable-Lithium-Battery_p_105.html on a REO grand.

Last edited:

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Yes, you can use them, but they do squish the coil down a lot. Not much room for it to move and drop the battery away from the contact.

Also the IMR are high drain. If you do L.R. atty's you will notice a difference.

Lots of people reduce what a REO can provide by buying different batteries. If you really want the best performance from your REO get the AW IMR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread