Would me vaping around my fiance cause her itching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate854

Verified Member
Jan 11, 2012
New Hampshire
She quit smoking over a month ago, I quit a couple of weeks after her and I started vaping. I'm vaping 100% PG juice and some juice with 20% VG.

The past week she's been extremely itchy on her legs and face and she'll have a few bumps on her ankles like mosquito bites. She's only taken 4 or 5 hits of my e-cig but my concern is the vapor I'm releasing because I vape around her, is it possible for the vapor I exhale to affect her in any way?

She was on the nicotine patch until a few days ago so I'm hoping that it was the culprit but I want to make sure it's not my vaping that's causing her reaction.

Nate854

Verified Member
Jan 11, 2012
New Hampshire
anything is possible. have her check the side effects of the patch she was using first though before you assume anything. you know what happens with you assume, right? LOL

That is one of the side effects of the patch lol "itching" so I'm thinking that has to be it. It's just she hasn't had a patch on in 3-4 days and she was itching like crazy today.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
She quit smoking over a month ago, I quit a couple of weeks after her and I started vaping. I'm vaping 100% PG juice and some juice with 20% VG.

The past week she's been extremely itchy on her legs and face and she'll have a few bumps on her ankles like mosquito bites. She's only taken 4 or 5 hits of my e-cig but my concern is the vapor I'm releasing because I vape around her, is it possible for the vapor I exhale to affect her in any way?

She was on the nicotine patch until a few days ago so I'm hoping that it was the culprit but I want to make sure it's not my vaping that's causing her reaction.

There's nothing in e-juice that isn't in cigarettes. If cigarettes didn't make her itch, just inhaling some vapor from your juice shouldn't.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ettes-has-been-inhaled-before.html#post122415

Last edited:
You will have to find a good way to tell her but they are probably flea bites and like mosquito some people react to them worse then others. Small and red and itchy. Do you have any pets? They will bite usually around the ankles while you sleep. I am no doctor but could be a cause. I have 2 dogs and have experienced similar.

Dad2daBone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I'm going with the patch as being the culprit my friend. I tried the patch before and I had the same same thing myself. The itching was what made me stop using the patch in the first place. The vaping most likely has nothing to do with it, but you can try not vaping around her for a while and see if the itching stops or let a doctor know your concern and take yer e liquid with you to her appointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread