Yes another steeping question thread ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxTO

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
New to e-cigs and maturing juice and had a few questions ...

I saw a video on YouTube where the person gave a quick rundown ..

1) shake well and daily
2) remove lid and dropper cap ( to promote evap of impurities I am guessing ?)
3) leave bottle in dark cool space

His suggested time for this process , 5 days . ( wondering how the steepers out there feel about 5 days only ?)

Now does that seem about right for basic steeping ?

Wanting to add to that ..

I was wondering , would laying the bottle on its side to create a bigger surface arrea and less of a vertical area , to promote a tighter settling arrea for the different compounds help the process ?

What about the humidity level of the room the juice is being steeped in , anyone find that a dry room is better or worse than a humid room ?

And lastly , how much flavor change do you notice after steeping ?

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
There are people who will tell you the only way to steep juice is to meditate and chant while fasting and wearing a tin foil hat. Some people go WAY overboard on things.

I'm no expert or scientist, so I may be doing it "wrong", but I just uncap the bottles for a couple of days, put the caps back on, shake them daily (if I can remember to do it) and let them sit in the closet in my study for some period ranging from 3 days to a month (depending on my patience level). I will taste them periodically and if the juice isn't tasting different or good, I may take the cap off again for a couple of days. I have no idea if this is "right" or "wrong", but it's what I do.

Cinnamonkey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2011
Jasper, GA
Steeping for me depends on the juice. I am the "rip it out of the package and vape it" type of crazy person. If I don't like it at first vape, then I steep it for a week by taking the cap off fot a few minutes, and shaking with the cap on every day...repeat process every week. My main type of vape though is fruit vapes, so I don't usually have to wait more than a week for the juices I use to come to life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread