Vandy Vape Pulse Aio V2 Kit Review By Frenkyou

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Vandy Vape Pulse Aio V2 1.jpg

Hi, today let's take a look at the Vandy vape PULSE AIO V2 sent to me from the sourcemore online shop. In this Test I will examine each of the characteristics that distinguish this item. I hope that at the end of this reading you can understand this product, and therefore decide whether to invest in it or not. As always, my opinions are free and based on my personal experience.
    • Enjoy the reading.

► Vandy Vape PULSE AIO V2; Before starting, let's look together at some special features indicated by the manufacturer:
    1. IP67 PCBA waterproof rating
    2. Battery positive through circuit board
    3. Replaceable key switch circuit board
    4. New RBA and tank
    5.Smallest compact size
    6. Aluminum alloy fine carving material
    7. Multiple accessories drawings for enthusiasts
    8. With replaceable drip tip and drip tip airflow pipes
    9. Honeycomb airflow intake
    10. Provide an extraordinary experience with Pulse AIO V2 RBA
    11. 5-80W adjustable power

Vandy Vape Pulse Aio V2 2.jpg

► Vandy Vape PULSE AIO V2; Packaging:
    The Pulse AIO V2 package is equipped with a large transparent window on the front that allows you to see all the contents of the kit, except the manual and spare parts which are arranged inside and under the foam insert. Also on the front side there are the words "Pulse Aio Kit" & "Vandy Vape" also there is the signature "Tony B Project" of the Youtube channel "The Vapor Trails" who collaborated with Vandy Vape for the creation of this Kit. On the back you can read; the contents, warnings and some main features of this Kit. Above the remaining sides of the box there are all the manufacturer's contact information, trademarks & legal logos, scratch&check, barcodes.

Vandy Vape Pulse Aio V2 3.jpg

Vandy Vape Pulse Aio V2 4.jpg

► Vandy Vape PULSE AIO V2; Packing List:
    • 1* Pulse AIO V2 Device
    • 1* Pulse AIO V2 Tank
    • 1* Pulse AIO V2 RBA
    • 4* RBA Airflow Pipes
    • 1* 510 Adapter
    • 2* Drip-Tips covers
    • 3* Drip Tip Reducers
    • 1* RBA
    • 1* Sachet of accessories and spare screws
    • 1* Coin to tighten the chimney
    • 1* Torx screwdriver
    • 1* Instructional Manual

Vandy Vape Pulse Aio V2 5.jpg

► Vandy Vape PULSE AIO V2; Specifications:
    • Dimensions: 51*77.3*23.4mm
    • Output Voltage: 0.5-6.0V
    • Maximum Output Current: 32A
    • Materials: Aluminum alloy + Stainless steels + PCTG
    • Battery Type: Compatible with 18650 battery (not included)
    • RBA Capacity: 6ml
    • Power Range: 5-80W
    • Filling Type: Easy side fill
    • Resistance Range: 0.05-3.0Ω(±5%)
    • Screen: 0.42 inch OLED screen

Vandy Vape Pulse Aio V2 6.jpg

► Vandy Vape PULSE AIO V2; Available colours:
    •• Standard Version:

• Black
    • Klein Blue
    • Violet
    • Red
    • Heavenly
    • Sakura Pink

•• New Color Version:
    • Black
    • Orange
    • Green Ash
    • Lilac Purple

Vandy Vape Pulse Aio V2 7.jpg

► Vandy Vape PULSE AIO V2; First Impressions:
    For this test I obtained the Klein Blue color version of the Vandy Vape PULSE AIO V2 from @sourcemore. The first visual impact is pleasant thanks to the combination of colors and materials, the blue aluminum frame appears well painted, and contrasts pleasantly with some black or transparent parts, the transparency of the external panels allows you to clearly see the tank with its level of e-liquid, and also to see the 18650 battery. Furthermore, the Vandy Chip version 3.0.1 board is also clearly visible through the second internal transparent panel. All this undoubtedly creates a notable scenographic effect. In use, the square shape of the Mod does not affect handling thanks to the beveled edges and the fairly low weight of this kit which is around 120 grams.

Vandy Vape Pulse Aio V2 8.jpg

The aluminum structure features the small and sober "Vandy Vape" writing on one side, and on the other side it houses the three large slots for the air flow which is then directed towards the cartridge inside the Mod.

Vandy Vape Pulse Aio V2 9.jpg

The V2's transparent panels are removable thanks to a small notch at the bottom where you can insert a fingernail and pull to extract. The small magnets are really very powerful and the panels, once inserted into their seat, do not generate any anomalous movement. As you can see the Fire button occupies a central position, easy to reach, the feedback is very good when pressing it, I must say that I also really like the Pulse symbol under the Fire button. Always from this side you can see; the back of the cartridge, the 18650 battery and the printed circuit board.

Vandy Vape Pulse Aio V2 10.jpg

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Through the other panel you can view; the front part of the cartridge and the internal e-liquid level, the 18650 battery, the display and the "+ and -" adjustment keys. On the transparent panel there are numerous holes arranged in 4 rows, these holes add to the 3 main holes of the frame and together direct the air flow towards the coil in a disorderly way. This is also the panel that you will have to remove every time you want to adjust the power, or take out the cartridge, or battery to recharge it.

Vandy Vape Pulse Aio V2 11.jpg

► Vandy Vape PULSE AIO V2; Removing/inserting the 18650 battery:
    The slot for the 18650 battery is located directly in the internal part of the frame, and unfortunately the compartment is not separated from the e-liquid tank by any wall. This cost-saving choice annoyed me a lot because it's not at all difficult to make a mess and flood the battery with e-liquid, so if you're a distracted newbie, stay away from V2. One thing that I really liked is the battery fixing system; in fact, at the top there is a toothed wheel which bears the wording "unscrew/screw" on it. By unscrewing this wheel you can quickly free the battery without the risk of ruining the wrap, and when you insert the charged battery, you can just as quickly screw this cogwheel to tighten the battery in a safe, optimal and simple way. The battery polarities are both clearly marked inside the slot.

Vandy Vape Pulse Aio V2 12.jpg

► Vandy Vape PULSE AIO V2; Removing/Inserting Pulse Aio Tank:
    I will not complain once again about the construction choice of not adequately isolating the battery from the RBA cartridge via a bulkhead (I have already done it) and I would be repetitive. Once installed, the RBA cartridge does not require removal for refilling as the silicone tab is in a convenient position to lift, and the inlet hole is large enough and convenient for filling operations. However in some cases it is necessary to remove the cartridge, for example when; you want to clean the cartridge to change e-liquid, when you want to build a new coil in the RBA, or when you want to put a different air pin on the bottom of the cartridge to get a different MTL or RDL shot. The system for removing the cartridge is quite complex, but it is effective; for convenience you can insert the supplied coin into the spare parts to unscrew and remove the drip-tip effortlessly.

Vandy Vape Pulse Aio V2 13.jpg

Interesting to note how the drip tip is made up of three parts; the spout lining part (white or black), the threaded part to tighten/remove the cartridge, and the internal chimney reduction which is available in 3 different sizes to allow the user to further customize the airflow, as well to four different deck pins that we will see later. The cartridge will then be tightened by the "Drip Tip" assembly and must be placed on a base which houses an adjustable pin for proper contact with the underlying chip.

Vandy Vape Pulse Aio V2 14.jpg

► Vandy Vape PULSE AIO V2; Chipset 3.0.1 & IP67:
    On the bottom of the Aio V2 you can see through the small transparent panel a steel bar with the IP67 mark with specifications of resistance to dust and water ingress up to 1 meter deep for approximately 30 minutes. The bar is attached to the mod through 3 screws. The larger central screw allows you to remove the door, and the two smaller screws can be unscrewed for cleaning or replacing this bar. This solution has allowed Vandy Vape to eliminate the wiring by improving the electrical conductivity between the battery and the circuit itself. According to Vandy Vape, this measure would make the action of the buttons on the Mod control more reactive. Unfortunately, I am not able to guarantee that this happens because I personally have not noticed any difference in the "speed of reaction to the shot" compared to other devices equipped with classic wiring.

Vandy Vape Pulse Aio V2 15.jpg

► Vandy Vape PULSE AIO V2; Operational Guide:
    The 0.42" Oled display shows white monochromatic fonts and shows the set power, the battery level indicator, the coil resistance and the puffs counter. The power adjustment with VW mode is between 5 and 80W in increments of 1W at a time. Unfortunately, the brightness of the display is not adjustable and the fonts have rather small characters which do not help older users with poor eyesight at all.

• Press the Fire button 5 times to turn the device on/off
    • Press the Fire button 3 times to change the operating mode, use the + and – buttons to choose between VW, SS, TI, NI, Bypass, Volt.
    • Press the fire button and "+" button at the same time to lock/unlock the adjustment buttons
    • Press both the Adjust and Fire buttons at the same time to enter stealth mode
    • Press the "+" and "–" buttons simultaneously to access the menu, to reset the puffs, to check the installed chip version, or to set the TCR

Vandy Vape Pulse Aio V2 16.jpg

► Vandy Vape PULSE AIO V2; Pulse Aio Tank:
    The tank contains up to 6ml of e-liquid which is not a small amount at all. Of course, the filling hole must face outwards when the cartridge is installed on the Mod, so you can fill it comfortably without having to remove it. Two different plastic covers are supplied together with the tank to be placed on the apical section of the Tip; black (pre-installed) and white replacement, in addition to the different sizes of the Tip holes and the different aesthetic appearance, there is also a technical reason that materializes in the form of 3 different Air-tubes, one of these Air-Tubes is pre-installed. The inserts sit inside the threaded chimney, are airflow restrictors and give you greater customization over your airflow preferences. If you don't want any airflow restrictions, you can leave the fireplace free without any inserts in it. There are also 4 different golden Air-Pins, the 3mm one is pre-installed. These Air-Pins fit into the bottom of the tank. They screw on and work as flow calibrators, but they also work as the classic pin for electrical transfer to the coil. The great thing about these Pins is that you can replace them at any time, even when the tank is full, just turn the tank upside down.

• Air Pin 4.0mm (DTL)
    • Air Pin 3.0mm (DTL)
    • Air Pin 2.0mm (RDL)
    • Air Pin 1.5mm (MTL)

The kit includes some replacement gaskets for the lower cap of the tank, despite its not very reassuring appearance, e-liquid leaks do not occur, as long as the RBA is inserted correctly inside the tank, so the closing cap will his work worthily. Included in the Kit is a 510 adapter to accommodate the RBA and to initialize the coil before inserting the cotton. You can also screw any tank onto the 510 and V2 adapter will work fine, but the aesthetic result will not be pleasing.

Vandy Vape Pulse Aio V2 17.jpg

► Vandy Vape PULSE AIO V2; RBA Build:
    When I first inserted the 510 adapter into the Mod, I also placed the RBA on its vertex, then rolled up the coil coils. So far so good, I must say that it was simple to insert the legs of the coil into the holes of the turrets. It was not so easy to tighten the small screws and cut off the excess legs. Unfortunately the coil was not being read in any way and I realized that the RBA pin was not able to make contact with the 510 adapter, I had to slightly unscrew the RBA pin to lengthen it so that it could make contact, so I managed to dryburn the coil but with some difficulty. Subsequently I inserted the cotton and covered the deck with the bell, I cut the excess cotton in correspondence with the holes on the bell and I started a long and more difficult than expected vaping test.

Vandy Vape Pulse Aio V2 18.jpg

► Vandy Vape PULSE AIO V2; Final Conclusions & Vaping Test:
    I must say that this kit is really nice and fashionable, with the use of an 18650 cell it allows for high autonomy, the chipset includes the necessary vaping modes, V2 is also economical in its product sector. In addition to the (resolved) contact difficulties between the 510 adapter and the RBA base, there were no major problems when testing the Mod. The only drawback concerns the transparent panels which are extremely attractive to fingerprints and grease stains of condensation. However, a rich set of accessories is available for the aesthetic customization of PULSE AIO V2, practically almost everything can be replaced: Sourcemore

Vandy Vape Pulse Aio V2 19.gif

During the Svapo test I tried different configurations of coils, airtube and airpin, but in the majority of cases I was unable to obtain satisfaction and appreciable results in terms of flavor, I would say bad also due to the restricted shot adjustment. I therefore came to the conclusion that it was useless to try to make this Tank work well in MTL mode. So I cut the corner and created a 0.5Ω resistor combined with the medium air tube, the 2mm airpin and the black plastic cover of the Tip. In this way at 25W I was satisfied with the RDL hit and in general I was also happy with the good overall aromatic yield of Pulse Aio Tank. If you are an expert user and want to play with the RBA Aio Mods I mainly recommend this Kit because Vandy Vape declares the Pulse Aio Tank compatible with all Mods that use standard sized Borons, so the V2 AIO also adapts to other tanks Boron. Furthermore, V2 Aio Kit is convenient when purchasing. I sincerely hope that you have good manual skills, patience and great attention in carrying out daily vaping operations.

• From Sourcemore you can purchase Vandy Vape PULSE AIO V2 at the convenient price of $57.29 by entering the code: VVV2

• Thanks for reading.

Vandy Vape Pulse Aio V2 20.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread