Innokin iTaste VV 3.0 Review

Hello fellow vapers!! Today I will be reviewing my new mod, the Innokin iTaste VV 3.0. This is my first review, so i'm not real sure of the type of format I will use. Anyway, I was recently introduced to "vaping" by family members this past Christmas, and as a gift I was bought the iTaste VV. SO let's get down to it, first off this is made by Innokin Techonology out of Shenzhen, China. They are claiming that "Innokin technology is a premier electronic cigarette manufacturer insisting on innovation. As a leading electronic cigarette manufacturer, Innokin Technology sets its mission to provide alternatives to tobacco smoking and promoting a healthier life style via its state-of-art and easy-to-use e smoking products throughout the world."

Specs / Tech Data:

Size:15*15*108.5mm Battery Capacity:800mAh
Operating Voltage:3.3V-5.0V Charing Time:1.5 Hours
Colors:White, Black, Chameleon, Pearl Chrome Release Date:2013.05.25
The iTaste VV V3.0 is a microprocessor controlled variable-voltage/variable-wattage (VV/VW) personal vaporizer that lets you adjust the voltage or wattage in seconds with just a few button presses. It's quick and easy!

Main Features:

Variable Voltage:

voltage can be adjusted from 3.3 – 5.0 volts in .1 volt increments.

Variable Wattage:

Wattage can be adjusted from 6.0 – 11.0 W in .5 watts increments.

Ohms meter :

Resistive Load Detection.

Puff Counter:

The puff counter will record how many puffs you have taken. The records will be cleared when the device is turned off.

Short Circuit/Atomizer Protection:

Short Circuit/Atomizer Protection helps protect the iTaste VV against faulty atomizers.

Over-Discharge Protection:

The iTaste VV monitors the battery voltage and will automatically turn off when the battery is discharged.

LED Battery Indicator:

The iTaste VV battery utilizes an advanced capacity display via green, yellow and red LED lights. Users will know the battery’s capacity via the color of the LED Button.
The LED lights will show green, yellow or red to indicate full battery life, half capacity or charging needed.

Superior Battery Life:

The iTaste VV e-cigarette features a built-in 800 mAh polymer Li-Ion rechargeable battery.

510 Threaded:

The iTaste VV is threaded to accept 510 accessories, including the iClear10,iClear16 and iClear30 clearomizers.

ON/OFF Battery Switch:

Quickly clicking three times will power the device on or off. Once the device is on, holding down the button will activate the battery. This safety feature prevents the atomizer from turning on while it's in your pocket or bag, as well as inadvertent settings changes.

10-Second Cutoff:

If the button is held down for 10 seconds or longer, the iTaste VV will shut itself off until the button is released.

Passthrough:

The iTaste VV is charged through a Micro USB Port. You can recharge it with any standard MicroUSB cable. It can also work as a pass-through device for simultaneous vaping and charging.

Settings Retention:

The device remembers the last voltage or wattage used when switching batteries.

Display Information:

The bright display shows resistance (ohms), voltage, wattage, atomizer voltage output, puff count, and last-used settings

Unboxing:

The Innokin package is very well constructed and professional with an outer sleeve covering the box you need to slide off. Opening the box, one will find everything laid out and organized with your instructions "easy to read" sitting on top of it all. Plastic dividers that are form fitted for everything ensure your PV and accessories aren't being damaged and slid around causing unnecessary damage while shipping.

Ease Of Use / First Impressions:

Well, like I stated before, the iTaste VV is pretty much good to go right out of the box. The starter kit comes with everything you need to start enjoying vaping. Clero's (set of 5), retractable USB charging cord (can be used in any USB adapter to charge), wall charger and instruction manual. Set up is painless, and a quick glance through the manual will have you vaping and changing watts to volts or vise versa in no time.

A 3 light led system under the main fire button let's you know with every press of the button, how charged your battery is with Green being fully charged, yellow, partially, and red, self explanatory. Turning on the device is simply 3 quick presses of the fire button and it's on, 3 more and the device is off.

For those who like to fiddle with volts, the built in Ohm checker is a handy little feature built in that's often found on more higher priced models. So your able to dial in the exact voltage you want for the best possible vaping experience.

Final Thoughts:

The Innokin iTaste VV 3.0 is a great device for the person just getting into vaping and is not really sure if they will like it. With a retail price of around 50 to 80 USD, it's not an expensive and costly hit to the wallet if one decided vaping isn't for them. The overall quality of the product is good, with a lot of features found on some higher priced PV's incorporated into this unit. It's an eGo style unit, so weight is kept to a minimum and with the dual 510 / eGo thread system, upgrading to better quality tanks is not a problem as you progress. To me, it seems as if the designed this unit with a novice in mind making everything almost set and forget on it. With that in mind, this is only a $80 USD device, so you will have some quirks in it. Such as the main fire button and the + and - buttons having some rattle to them and a little bit of free play as well. The battery life (depending on how much you vape) can seem to run low and fast. Also, in order to use the pass through feature, the device needs to be turned on BEFORE you plug it into the charger. (I've found this out the hard way lol). I haven't really had any problems with burnt coils on the Watts setting, but if not carefull on the Volts side, you can over power your coil causing it to fail. While the retractible USB cord is a good idea, i'd much rather have a thicker cord, lke found on a iPhone charger compared to one that seems as if it will break easily.

That's about it, hope you found this review helpfull, and if any questions or comments feel free to send me a PM and i'll try my best to get you an answer. Good Luck and Happy Vaping ~ Joe

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Blog entry information

Author
JCloud29
Views
Last update

More entries in ECF Blogs