on sterilized cotton balls and boiling

beckdg;12370281 said:
i won't speculate how cotton balls are sterilized.

though, i will say there are a lot of ways to perform sterilization that are in no way clean. nor do they remove chemicals such as pesticides that could be used on a crop.

sterilized simply means made unable to reproduce. nothing more, nothing less. since it's often the biological warfare that surrounds the medical profession and hospitals... and sterilization is part of their cleaning procedures, clean and sterilized are often thought of as synonymous though they certainly are not.

peroxide added to water becomes water and oxygen within seconds. it's common knowledge in small circles relating to high tech fish keeping. planted tanks are often treated for algae with small doses of h2o2 with no adverse effects to the inhabitants. it is a known bleaching/sterilization process as is passing the water through UVC light with long exposure times at close distances. neither of which would convince me to drink the water.

DISCLAIMER: i boiled once. that was enough for me. no more. it is a risk i take.

Comments

Peroxide in an eyedropper does wonders for spot algae removal. Fun to watch the bubbles too....

Blog entry information

Author
beckdg
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in ECF Blogs