YOUR WILL AND TESTAMENT: How to handle disposal of NICOTINE

An interesting question came up and I think if anyone has any documents or links to add for the disposal of liquid base/nicotine (100mg/ml) please place them below.

#1) Leave explicit instructions on the handling, sale, disposal of all of your vaping supplies. I am sure the EPA would label manufactured nicotine liquid/base to be an "acutely toxic" substance from what I have read but it is easier to get rid of b/c it is a "household substance."

This document is very interesting:
"Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), the federal RCRA hazardous waste regulations include an exemption for all hazardous waste generated by households (see the "household hazardous waste" exemption at 40 CFR 261.4(b)(l)). "

Warnings you might use in your written documents:

caution-01-jpg.575713

caution-02-jpg.575715

#2) Properly label all of your nicotine. Looks like "P075" is the EPA label for most nicotine. It may not apply for nic base, but I'm having a hard time finding an EPA number or designation for it.

#3) Locate a local refuse/disposal company that would handle the waste. It must be incinerated.

#4) And of all else fails... Links to Hazardous Waste Programs and U.S. State Environmental Agencies

Nicotine disposal in the news: (A, B, C)

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Blog entry information

Author
Tommy-Chi
Views
Last update

More entries in ECF Blogs

More entries from Tommy-Chi