FINITI contains Ethanol: WHY??

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
I've been trying different brands of over the counter cigalikes and I think the worst one I tried was the FINITI. Not only did the battery only last eight hours but the vape had no throat hit or taste whatsoever and vaping it made me feel really light headed and made me act all goofy as if I was drunk. Last night I was surfing around learning about vaping and I stumbled upon a video from a guy who described the exact same feeling I got after vaping a FINITI and then he read the back of the package (something I didn't do and don't have my original package to compare it to). The ingredients included:

2-Acetylpyrazine, 2-Hydroxypropane-1,2,3-Tricarboxylic Acid, Ethanol, 3-[(2S)-1Methylpyrrolidin-2-YL] Pyridine, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Water, Propane-123-Triol.

...?? I don't know what all this stuff is but the ingredient that strikes me the most is Ethanol. Why would anyone put Ethanol into an e-cig? Why would anyone want to vape Ethanol? What would vaping Ethanol do to you? Is that what causes the lightheadedness?

Does anyone know if these ingredients are still in a FINITI cigalike and does anyone have any rationale as to WHY FINITI puts Ethanol in their e-cigs?

Last edited:

Penn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2013
In the wilderness
I've been trying different brands of over the counter cigalikes and I think the worst one I tried was the FINITI. Not only did the battery only last eight hours but the vape had no throat hit or taste whatsoever and vaping it made me feel really light headed and made me act all goofy as if I was drunk. Last night I was surfing around learning about vaping and I stumbled upon a video from a guy who described the exact same feeling I got after vaping a FINITI and then he read the back of the package (something I didn't do and don't have my original package to compare it to). The ingredients included:

2-Acetylpyrazine, 2-Hydroxypropane-1,2,3-Tricarboxylic Acid, Ethanol, 3-[(2S)-1Methylpyrrolidin-2-YL] Pyridine, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Water, Propane-123-Triol.

...?? I don't know what all this stuff is but the ingredient that strikes me the most is Ethanol. Why would anyone put Ethanol into an e-cig? Why would anyone want to vape Ethanol? What would vaping Ethanol do to you? Is that what causes the lightheadedness?

Does anyone know if these ingredients are still in a FINITI cigalike and does anyone have any rationale as to WHY FINITI puts Ethanol in their e-cigs?

2-Acetylpyrazine - used for nutty flavor and flavor enhancer.
2-Hydroxypropane-1,2,3-Tricarboxylic Acid - AKA citric acid
3-[(2S)-1Methylpyrrolidin-2-YL] Pyridine - AKA nicotine
Propane-123-Triol - AKA glycerol, they type used in most is vegetable derived but this is probably synthetic

As far as your main question ethanol is probably used as a PG substitute.

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
2-Acetylpyrazine - used for nutty flavor and flavor enhancer.
2-Hydroxypropane-1,2,3-Tricarboxylic Acid - AKA citric acid
3-[(2S)-1Methylpyrrolidin-2-YL] Pyridine - AKA nicotine
Propane-123-Triol - AKA glycerol, they type used in most is vegetable derived but this is probably synthetic

As far as your main question ethanol is probably used as a PG substitute.

Why would they need a PG substitute? I don't think there is any shortage of PG in the world.

Out of curiosity I've been looking at the packages that I do have sitting around. I noticed my Swisher package doesn't contain a list of ingredients at all. That's not good either. However, my little Fling Mini lists: Nicotine, Water, PG, Glycerol and flavor--period.

Penn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2013
In the wilderness
Why would they need a PG substitute? I don't think there is any shortage of PG in the world.

Out of curiosity I've been looking at the packages that I do have sitting around. I noticed my Swisher package doesn't contain a list of ingredients at all. That's not good either. However, my little Fling Mini lists: Nicotine, Water, PG, Glycerol and flavor--period.

The questions you are asking aren't bad to ask but they do feed to the pro-FDA involvement.

I have no idea why a substitute would be used for PG unless it is either less expensive or mixes better.

I disagree with not posting any ingredients as Swisher does. I also disagree with not putting nicotine content (either in mg/ml or percent) on the packaging but a lot of disposables don't include that information. Fling clearly doesn't list the ingredients in order of highest content to lowest as food is required to do.

At least none of them list oxidane. That would really make me wonder what they are hiding.

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
The questions you are asking aren't bad to ask but they do feed to the pro-FDA involvement.

I have no idea why a substitute would be used for PG unless it is either less expensive or mixes better.

I disagree with not posting any ingredients as Swisher does. I also disagree with not putting nicotine content (either in mg/ml or percent) on the packaging but a lot of disposables don't include that information. Fling clearly doesn't list the ingredients in order of highest content to lowest as food is required to do.

At least none of them list oxidane. That would really make me wonder what they are hiding.

Just curious what you mean that my question "feed to the pro-FDA involvement." The FINITI is the only one that caused me to feel lightheaded and the only one that contains Ethanol. I'm talking about what I put into my own body. I'm not talking about the FDA.

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
Ethanol is used as a extraction catalyst (or carrier) for flavor extraction. It's a commonly used substance and is an authorized ingredient for manufacturing processes in the food industry. In fact, it's in the category of "Good manufacturing practices".

Can you name something else that you consume into your lungs that contains ethanol??

Penn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2013
In the wilderness
Can you name something else that you consume into your lungs that contains ethanol??

DIY'ers know if you want flavor concentrates without PG what you can expect is pure grain alcohol (ethanol).

ETA - once mixed some people leave it uncapped for a while for the ethanol to evaporate. I don't see the potential problem with inhalations. At least it will kill bacteria.

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
DIY'ers know if you want flavor concentrates without PG what you can expect is pure grain alcohol (ethanol).

ETA - once mixed some people leave it uncapped for a while for the ethanol to evaporate. I don't see the potential problem with inhalations. At least it will kill bacteria.

Well there are fads among kids where they "smoke" alcohol to get high, so I'm just wondering what the effects of vaping ethanol has on the body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread