Indestructible 5 volt mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bamboo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Northern California
For the longest time I was using smoktech varicool 5 volt box mod, I had bought a few of them, then they stopped selling them. I went to madvapes and started ordering the 5 volt box mods from them and now I can not find any little 5 volt box mods. I liked these little box mods they could stand the abuse of being dropped several times and being knocked over countless times and still worked like a champ. They all lasted at least 6+ month before I had to buy another. Now all my mods have fizzled out and I am looking for a 5 volt that can actually handle the abuse of being dropped and tipped over. I don't go and on purpose drop my mod I have issues with my hands. Other mods I have tried is the lava tube (it lasted about a week it dropped once and something came loose) and vapor zeus.

The two mods I have been thinking about getting is the iTaste VTR and the billet box. I use a 6 ml dct tank set up in all my mods. Does anyone know if a dct tank will fit inside the VTR? What I am looking for is a good solid 5 volt mod that will last me long long time that I don't have to worry about something breaking if it drops especially if I am going to be spending a lot of money on it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.:vapor:

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
For the longest time I was using smoktech varicool 5 volt box mod, I had bought a few of them, then they stopped selling them. I went to madvapes and started ordering the 5 volt box mods from them and now I can not find any little 5 volt box mods. I liked these little box mods they could stand the abuse of being dropped several times and being knocked over countless times and still worked like a champ. They all lasted at least 6+ month before I had to buy another. Now all my mods have fizzled out and I am looking for a 5 volt that can actually handle the abuse of being dropped and tipped over. I don't go and on purpose drop my mod I have issues with my hands. Other mods I have tried is the lava tube (it lasted about a week it dropped once and something came loose) and vapor zeus.

The two mods I have been thinking about getting is the iTaste VTR and the billet box. I use a 6 ml dct tank set up in all my mods. Does anyone know if a dct tank will fit inside the VTR? What I am looking for is a good solid 5 volt mod that will last me long long time that I don't have to worry about something breaking if it drops especially if I am going to be spending a lot of money on it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.:vapor:

Have you considered the provari?

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast
I have yes, does anyone have any experience with it dropping? Does it still work?

Many Provari (plural?) have been dropped from tall buildings, run over by trucks and trains, beaten with sledge hammers, used as sledge hammers, etc., etc., etc.

Very seriously, the Provari is considered the most reliable and bullet proof VV mod available. Yes, you can drop it and it will still work.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
I dropped mine from 17' off of a man lift. It bounced and landed on its side. The fall took a chunk out of the bottom cap and destroyed the topper. I replaced the battery- wasn't sure if I should use a battery which had taken such an impact, and topper and it has continued to work as if new. Maybe it hit just right- on the edge of the bottom cap, but either way, it works. I imagine most other mods would be in the landfill after such a fall...

SunshinePete

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2014
Bedfordshire, England

The 6ml DCT is 19.81mm diameter so not good for VTR unless you use the extension adapter. It is a tough mod, and you'll get two and change for the price of a Provari. Nothing is indestructible, or unstealable (I made the word up), or cannot be lost. It's heavy though, almost a pound, and hand problems could make it unsuitable for you?

anumber1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
NW Ohio
I wouldn't look to the VTR to be indestructible.While it is pertty ruggedly built there is no support avenue to repair a broken VTR.

If it should get dropped/broken, that would be out of the scope of a warranty replacement.

With the Provari, you would at least have Provape service to fall back on. Provape will repair their product for a nominal fee. Innokin will not.

I don't know enough about the Billet Box to offer an opinion. Perhaps ask the maker of the Billet Box if they will do out of warranty

Hemptation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2014
Ridgeland,MS
My wife has the MVP. And the provari. The MVP never gets used. And now with aspire making decent coils. The 11 watts it pushes isn't enough to push the BVC coils The new svd is coming out this month. Has the evolv 20 chip in it. Hope they start putting that chip in the MVP 3.

I'm a construction worker. Own a few provari's. They have been dropped. Flipped tipped tanked dumped submerged In 110 degree weather. Dropped in mud. Pretty much abused And they still work. I actually bought one after spending the first 150$ on other mods that didn't make it. When I could have jumped on their site and got a blem model for 20$ cheaper. Or got on here and bought one off the classifieds. Do yourself a favor. Buy 1 Hot me a pm when you want to buy another the following week lol. That is the ongoing story with provari owners

Bamboo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Northern California
Thank you all for your replies. It looks like I will be ordering a provari and a box mod as my back up on Tuesday. I really really appreciate all of your reviews especially with the dropping of the Provari. I was always under the impression that you had to be extra careful with the Provari, but you all have put my fears at ease and I feel confident that I will be making the right choice when I order it. Thank you all again.:vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread