Cartomizer question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Classic_Crisis

ECF Veteran
Dec 25, 2009
Rome, NY
ok, so the other day i got my first set of cartos from madvapes.
i read the reviews for them on his site saying that people are getting about 15-20 drops of liquid in them, i got about 6-8 before i completely flooded it.
i used to drip when i used attys, so im not really familiar with carts and there filling and how much it can hold and when to stop filling, other than the obvious signs of flooding the atty.
im finding my self refilling about every 2 hours or so.
sorry for rambling on here, but i just need some tips on how to tell when to stop adding juice, also, about how long does these last?

thanks
Classic

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
i used to drip when i used attys, so im not really familiar with carts and there filling and how much it can hold and when to stop filling,

Yep, refilling cartoz is a bit different than straight dripping. With dripping usually you're aiming for the bridge in the center. With cartoz, you want to stay away from the center hole. There's a bunch of vids and posts on refilling cartoz but if you take off the mouth cap, and the silicone insert to where you can see the filler with the hole in the center - avoid that - and tip the cartoz with battery at a 45 degree angle and drip onto the cartoz wall and let it go into the filler from there. You can rotate as you do this to soak the filler 360, and when you start to see a pooling on top, Stop!

There are various other things people do at this point - taryn spin - where you put it into a ziplock, lanyard, battery cellophane and spin it so that centrifugal force gives you more room at the top of the filler to put more in - and if you're travelling you might want to consider that. Put the plug and rubber on the batt end if you do that.

I almost never do that anymore. In fact, I have a big mouth delrin drip tip (Nhalers) for a mouthpiece and fill right through that but you still have to do that on an angle and count out 20 drops - more than that and you can risk flooding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread