Status
Not open for further replies.

boilednuts

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2009
ALOHA STATE
Its been over a year (1 Jun 2013) and still missin' the "old man" so very much.

Jack, knowing how much you loved it here on the ecf forums and in case my prayers have passed you by without notice, hope that you are having a dandy ole time. I often think about you all dressed up in "manly salmon" with that koa woodville in hand vaping your apple pie/cinnamon danish juice of yours dancing with the angels. The Lord must've needed you something awful fierce (I don't blame Him) to have taken you away from us so suddenly and please ask God to provide us with the love and compassion that you embodied so well. Prayers for your daughter and grandson who must miss you dearly with each and every passing day too. Give hugs to all we hold dear you happen to chance upon. Aloha Jack, keep well.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Last year, long before I had held a REO, I was selling off some atomizers in the classies. I sold a Cobra to a fellow ECF member who was very friendly. We had several conversations through PM and talked about our families among other things. Of all the people I've "met" online, he was one I really wanted to just buy a plane ticket and fly to meet. He seemed like the kind of person I could just sit out on the front porch and talk to for hours.

Life got busy and I thought several times about contacting him but never did. This was truly my loss.

When I first ventured into the Ville and saw the RIP sticky I was saddened. First for the loss of a truly great person and second for not ever having the opportunity to spend a summer evening vaping and talking on the front porch.

I've never posted in this thread but this seemed like the time. Jack, in a brief period of time, made a lasting impression on me which I will not forget. He will always be Tom Selleck to me.

Reactions: Nboprc

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Has it been a year already? I too got to him thru selling and buying. I think I sold him something or I bought something from him, not sure, but we PM'd back and forth. I found out he loved life, the ladies and especially dancing. He was that kind of character that one might find in a small town bar or restaurant. The kind of character that would have made you smile instantly. He was a sweet talking man. He wrote with character and with the kind of rapport that had I met him somewhere in my life I probably would have been "sweet on him"

He reminded me of my boyfriend , the kind of man that just wins you over with charm and "rough gentleman" I remember his avatar and it makes me smile and a bit sad.....

doubledown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2010
Columbia, SC
It has been a couple years since I checked in here on the ECF. I was saddened to find the top post in the Reos Mods forum reporting the passing of Jack. I was even more surprised to find it was from 2013! What a kind spirit of a person who so deeply touched others on a forum, the news of his passing is still a top discussion. In Jan 2013, I sold a mod to Jack. We exchanged several PMs about it and chatted as well. He spoke of life, dancing, and women! When I mentioned that I had pondered in the past about moving to Colorado, he immediately responded with an offer of a couch if I ever made it out that way. What a class act. We exchanged a few laughs and completed the transaction. In one of our last exchanges he ended the message with this golden nugget of how he seems to have lived his life, "Take care, and always remember, you're not going to be any younger when you wake up in the morning so the time to do things in life is now."
R.I.P Jack Giampapa. Thanks for the advice and the laughs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread