A little real-life humor...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krikket

Apr 10, 2011
Villa Park, IL
As expected, I'm new to vaping.

Got my first e-cig a month or so ago, and I just took the plunge and bought a Riva 510 starter kit, that I expect to arrive by Friday at the latest. Analog smokes will soon be a thing of the past.

But where you can use them, and where they are forbidden can be humorous.

The Chicago Metra rail (suburban rail -- commuter trains) has a monthly newsletter. In it, a rider .....ed about another rider using an e-cigarette. Metra replied that they had to Google just to find out what an e-cigarette was. But they are now banned from the trains.

On the other hand, I was chatting with a manager of my jewel (Grocery store). He ended up telling me about when one of his checkout people came to him and said that "There's a person smoking in isle $FOO!". He looked into it, and it was a e-cig. So he told the checkout person that it was okay.

So I can e-smoke while buying groceries, but not on the train...

Krikket

Last edited:

ShannonA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2011
Tyler, Tx
As expected, I'm new to vaping.

Got my first e-cig a month or so ago, and I just took the plunge and bought a Riva 510 starter kit, that I expect to arrive by Friday at the latest. Analog smokes will soon be a thing of the past.

But where you can use them, and where they are forbidden can be humorous.

The Chicago Metra rail (suburban rail -- commuter trains) has a monthly newsletter. In it, a rider .....ed about another rider using an e-cigarette. Metra replied that they had to Google just to find out what an e-cigarette was. But they are now banned from the trains.

On the other hand, I was chatting with a manager of my Jewel (Grocery store). He ended up telling me about when one of his checkout people came to him and said that "There's a person smoking in isle $FOO!". He looked into it, and it was a e-cig. So he told the checkout person that it was okay.

So I can e-smoke while buying groceries, but not on the train...

Krikket
Yeah that seems kind of backwards to me

AnaCat

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
Chicago, IL
Really, not on Metra? Well, you know, if you stealth vape on the upper level or go into the bathroom, it's all good. They don't seem to have the cameras on Metra trains that the CTA trains have yet, so I think it's still possible, just don't do it openly. Interesting about Jewel, though. I don't usually feel the need to vape where I never used to smoke (like the grocery store), but on Metra, I'd do it anyway (for clarification: I'd vape anyway - I never smoked on Metra; I wasn't a smoker yet back when you could smoke on Metra). I am usually so stressed out by the time I get on the train, that was when I would have evil nic fits when I smoked. I have only been vaping for almost three weeks, so I don't yet know myself where it's ok to vape openly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread