• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

67 Days Smoke Free

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayTheVapingGuy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Hey,

just sat down and did the maths...

its been 67 days since i had my last cigarette (7:30am on the 7th of February) and 94 days since i cut down to 2 cigarettes a day...

even having gained 25-30 lbs (i haven't been eating healthy for the last few months... whoops!!) i still walk to work almost 15 minutes faster (was 25 minutes before, now its about 10-12 minutes) and i haven't so much as looked at my inhalers except to put them away since late january...

i feel healthier and am happier and my home has no stink in it at all!!

YAY ME!

rachelcoffe

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2010
Toronto
Yaaaaaay Jay!!!
bT8p4.gif

Proud of ya hon.
FVxh8.gif
As to something healthy & filling that feels like a treat...try some Bolthouse Farms smoothies. We particularly like the Strawberry Banana ones, and C-Boost too!

AlbertaClipper

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
Ponoka, Alberta
That's GREAT news, Jay, congrats!! I can sympathize with the weight gain, though it's by no means due to quitting smoking.

I'm just gearing up to re-start the Bernstein diet after I fell hard off the wagon...I start on Monday.

Last time around, I found these wonderful shiratake noodles at a big Asian store that look like Ramen noodles and, believe it or not, have ZERO calories. They're made from yam flour. Anyway, once boiled, you can stirfry them with some veggies and low sodium soy sauce or other sensible type of dressing/low cal sauce, and you have a filling, no guilt, tasty snack/meal/whatever to tide you over between sensible meals. I'd go nuts without them.

EDIT: I meant to add that those noodles are flavorless too.

Last edited:

JayTheVapingGuy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Halifax, Nova Scotia
....about to start P90X (beachbodies) to see if I can't reverse this latest issue! lol

I'm actually considering the same after a lady who i know started it a year or two ago and has gone from being rotund to being smoking hot!! i think she ended up loosing close to 125-150 lbs over a period of a year... all she did was that and take on an eating regime that was naturals...

I'm going to be going back to less processed... that was what killed me...prefab meals.

Chime

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
Gratz jay.

I hear ya on the tonnage, been almost 5 months here and I've put on about 40 lbs. But same thing I was just shoveling down baconators, so I shouldn't be surprised.

However at the start of this month I really conciously made an effort to get it off and have refunded 20 lbs so far. Switched from baconators to sushi and pitas. Also just mow on bags of salad at home rather than potato chips, switched from beer to vodka as well. Once the snow clears a bit more here I can start wading the bow again which cuts it like nothing.

So good luck on the cutting the "I quit" tonnage.

muleygirl

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2011
Way to go Jay Congrats!
My Daughter started doing the P90X she loves it said that it really kicked her .... was stiff for days but she has tuffed it out so far. She said it is kinda addicting! She gained alot of weight being pregnant, she had the baby the end of Nov. and has almost lost all the extra weight. So it must be a good work out. I would try it but I'm not into PAIN. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread