Vivi Nova burning liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

juggalotus

Dec 18, 2011
NJ
So i have a vivi nova and i thought it worked great till the end of a work day when it tastes like burnt .... and wont hit well. I have tried the 3 different ohms it came with a bought some more 2.4Ohms and all do it. i couldnt tell you which version i have but at the end of the day all my liquids end up looking like this http://i.imgur.com/lRHbE.jpg am i vaping to much i vape pretty heavy at times.

ujai

Verified Member
Jul 13, 2012
Portland, OR
www.v4p3.com
From my experience, the standard heads that comes with the package ended up like yours. I purchased some heads from healthcabin and it works like a champ. Maybe the standard coil is different than healthcabin, I'm not too sure on this. Also, does your device can set voltage? If yes try to use at lower voltage first then go up just before the burn taste.

Tibby

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Oakley, Ca.
May be too late but it is important to keep liquid covering wicks as much as possible I keep mine turned horizontal and turn in my fingers covering wicks in between hits. At 3.7 you should have no issue. Take it apart and soak all parts in vodka then rinse in hot water and dry with paper towel. Then put the stem post on your device fallowed by the head (minus the little rubber/metal piece) so you can look at the dark caked uo coils. Now dry burn the cois in 4 second intervals. I blow onto the coils in between dry burns. You will see the coil start to burn red and smoke off excess gunk. Once each coil is free of crap reassemble and refill with liquid. Some even put a drop directly on the coil before reassembly. THE KEY IS TO KEEP JUICE COVERED ON THE WICKS BETWEEN EACH PUFF. I have the same 1.8 ohm rollin after roughly 4 1/2 weeks hitting clean and smooth. I guess the type of juice used can also play in the life of the Nova head.

FAAmecanic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
Crestview, FL
I have the same issue. I usually get 1-2 tanks (I have the 3.5 ml ViVi 2.5) before the juice starts burning. I usually use the 2.4 Ohm at around 4.0v. I clean my heads in 100 proof vodka and keep my wicks wet with constant tipping. One thing I havent tried is dry burning...so thanks for the tip.

I guess if you are a heavy vaper (which I am) it will burn the juice quicker. My theory is as the juice gets lower the wicks actually wick the somewhat burned juice down into the tank...and so as time goes on and your juice gets lower its soaking up the slowly burning juice.

Horselady154

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
United States
May be too late but it is important to keep liquid covering wicks as much as possible I keep mine turned horizontal and turn in my fingers covering wicks in between hits. At 3.7 you should have no issue. Take it apart and soak all parts in vodka then rinse in hot water and dry with paper towel. Then put the stem post on your device fallowed by the head (minus the little rubber/metal piece) so you can look at the dark caked uo coils. Now dry burn the cois in 4 second intervals. I blow onto the coils in between dry burns. You will see the coil start to burn red and smoke off excess gunk. Once each coil is free of crap reassemble and refill with liquid. Some even put a drop directly on the coil before reassembly. THE KEY IS TO KEEP JUICE COVERED ON THE WICKS BETWEEN EACH PUFF. I have the same 1.8 ohm rollin after roughly 4 1/2 weeks hitting clean and smooth. I guess the type of juice used can also play in the life of the Nova head.

Tibby, a question for you. If you dry burn the coils won't that burn the wick? I had a problem with the burning flavor too and I'm still trying to figure out if it was the wick, the liquid, or both.

3McG3

Jan 19, 2013
Ohio, USA
If you have a silica wick, you can dry burn it. You cannot dry burn cotton though. If you are getting a burnt taste, I recommend that you watch this video: A PBusardo Tutorial - Vivi Nova Cleaning & Rebuilding - YouTube

Pay attention when he shows how he cut the "V" shaped notches where the wick goes. That solved most of my taste issues. It lets more juice flow into the atty head, and give you more air in your draw as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread