Clearomizer wicks

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrn00b

Oct 18, 2012
South Coast
Hello gang,

I'm glad I found these E-Cigarettes, they've certianly come a long way.

I had bought a Cleartomizer locally and noticed that it came with one wick. And was told replacement wicks were about five bucks. Anyway I bought a Redux 808 Clearomizer online and was wondering do I have to replace the whole Clearomizer? Or is there a place I can buy replacement wicks? I searched the online vendor's store high and low and just saw new Clearomizers, no wicks.

Is it assumed that since they're about 5 bucks you just buy new Clearomizers? Or am I missing something.

Sorry for such a simple post but I can't seem to find any information on Youtube videos, and I'm kind of a goofball when it comes to the forum search feature.

Thanks.

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
Greetings from Canada! Welcome to ECF!

If you could post a link to the site you bought the clearo from someone will be able to help you. Most clearos do not have replaceable wicks, although they can usually be cleaned and reused for quite a while. Some clearos do have replaceable wicks.

Relax, Enjoy!

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
If your clearo has a knurled base it prolly can be disassembled and the wick replaced

JOEIE.png

ILhMU.png

They should take Stardust Heads but first make sure you can disassemble the clearo:
Search Results : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

Last edited:

cedric212

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
SmokTech Redux eGo Clearomizer with Changeable, Replaceable Heads, Coils, and Wicks

It's better known as a StarDust since GV sells it by that name, it's something many US venders do in order to make the consumer believe that it's some kind of proprietary item (just my :2c:). With that said, the heads can be rebuild similarly to a ViviNova, all you need is just some kanthal wire and silica (or cotton) wick:

Rebuilding the coil in the Vision Stardust V2 - YouTube

The replacement heads shouldn't cost you more than $2, but you can definitely save $$$ if your willing to learn to rewick them yourself (kanthal A1 wire ~$13 for 100' and ~$15 for 20' silica wick). The video makes it look easy, but there is definitely a learning curve and does requires some research and patience. Almost forget my matters...Welcome to ECF and happy vaping. :vapor:

Last edited:

mrn00b

Oct 18, 2012
South Coast
Wow thanks for the replies guys. It looks like to rewick them you need to buy some nichrome wire and rebuild the coil and everything. I thought it was just a matter of dragging a new wick through. I'm pretty good with winding coils and stuff, since I'm somewhat of a radio buff. At the very least I'll go the replacable head route.

Thanks for the heads up and links!

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
Long wick or short wick for the Vivi Nova? Is there a consensu on this? Thanks!

Long wicks have the advantage of being able to handle a longer draw. You may want to trim the ends of the wicks so that they are not long enough to reach the bottom threads. It is possible to catch the wicks in the bottom threads and it may cause a leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread