Low Nic flavors with throat hit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin Credible

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2009
DFW
I was wondering if anyone had found a low nic flavor with a throat hit. So far all the lower nic flavors (4-8) that I've used were so light that I couldn't even feel them as I was inhaling. That being said I generally find myself constantly vaping when I'm at the house, which means that I am taking in far too much nicotine.

For reference I enjoy 11-18mg Banana, Coffee and Kamel. The Kamel is quickly becoming my favorite and it is in 18mg. I tried some higher mg flavors (24/coffee, 36/banana, 36/menthol) and the only one that I could stand was the menthol. I enjoy a nice balance of flavor and throat hit, no one more dominating than the other.

I understand that this will come down to personal preference and all, but I'd still appreciate it if people posted up what low nic flavors that they've found that they'd consider to have a decent throat hit.

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
I would think the menthol, which you mentioned, and other minty flavors would probably provide the most throat hit sensation in a low-nic. I currently use 24mg cartos and juices for the most part, and was recently surprised at how much I liked an 11mg menthol carto for that reason - and I was never a menthol smoker. I just ordered some menthol, mint and spearmint cartos in lower strength, so we'll see how that goes. Other than the one menthol, I haven't tried the others.

CatMommy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I agree with pianoguy.

I have some 0mg mint juice that I bought for my mother. I personally haven't smoked a menthol since I was about 13 y/o but mint even in 0mg does seem to give a bit of a TH.

The problem is that I don't know if I'll stick with it because I'm not a fan of the menthol sensation. If you are, it may work for you. I will probably need to find a new solution for low nic chain vaping.

If you come across something that works, let me know.

Justin Credible

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2009
DFW
I'm actually surprised that I didn't think about the fact that Menthol is kind of a "neutral" sensation and should be quite the same in lower nic. It seems as though I'll also be adding a nice low dose menthol to my next order. Maybe I'll do what others have seemed to do and just mix a tobacco and menthol flavor to see if that can be my ultimate home-vape.

Justin Credible

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2009
DFW
I really like the throat hit and flavor of grape 18, I usually use 24 on most other flavors

Oh yeah, 18 seems to be more than sufficient as far as throat hit is concerned. The thing is that I'm actually vaping myself into a headache due to so much nicotine when I'm just lounging around the house. This is why I want to find a lower nic flavor with a decent throat hit.

I can definitely see how menthol would be great at a lower nic, as well as Kamel. Hopefully I'm right as I'll be ordering some of both here in a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread