Best Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
I started off with the generic ones Altsmoke used to sell and they worked pretty good, tried the AW IMR's when those wore out but they didn't last long enough for me before voltage dropped off. Now I'm on the Efest Li-ion's, we'll see how they do. For now they're great but I've only been using this pair for about a month.

I'd have put the links but the Altsmoke website is down right now.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'm sure Baditude will have something to say about that...

You've seen my pic of the protected Trustfire that vented and melted in my BB. :(

Trustfire2.jpg

The reason the battery hard-shorted was my user error, but it was an eye-opening experience that convinced me to not trust any battery with the name "fire" in it, and to switch to AW brand, IMR safe chemistry batteries for all of my regulated and unregulated mods.

The Li Ion batteries use a volatile chemistry and therefore require some form of protection circuits. I don't put much faith into those little circuits they put on the protected batteries. A Vape Safe mod fuse would be much more effective. However, I think there is a better solution. IMR batteries.

Li Mn batteries have a less voltatile chemistry and are less likely to explode or cause a fire.

Safety should be every vapor's number one priority. Quality batteries are the most important item that we use in vaping; without a charged battery our PV's are useless. Batteries also have the most potential to be dangerous devices capable of exploding or at the very least venting hot gasses capable of burns or property damage. Think about how many times a day we bring these batteries to our face. Are you really going to trust that cheapo no-name battery you bought off of E-Bay up in your face hundreds of times a day? I'm not the best looking guy around, but I kinda like having all of my teeth and jaw in one piece.

My suggestion is to not skimp on using the better batteries and use AW or Panasonic. It's well documented that these are the best, easily acquired batteries to us. Also don't skimp on a high quality battery charger. Pila, Xtar, and Nitecore are considered the top three brands. RTD Vapor is a popular reputable vendor for all your battery needs: http://rtdvapor.com/

Some good references on batteries:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-library/129569-rechargeable-batteries.html

Warning - rechargeable batteries for APVs

Mechanical Mod Proper Usage Guide

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread