Not open for further replies.

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
Don't just go deleting the reference threads willy-nilly yet - I'm sure whoever did the transfer of forums added some server-sided 301 redirects to link the old URLs to the new ones, otherwise they'd lose all the SEO they've gained from years and years of content.

They couldn't possibly lack that kind of foresight... could they?

Hi Dave!!! I'm a little late in this greeting, but good ole ECF has kept me offline all morning...a case of "" the left hand doesn't know what the right one is doing"....three different moderators kept sending me different passwords:confused:But they can't keep a good woman down for long:D

It's good to see ya again!!

KAY! How ya been? Good to see so much of the core group still around!

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
Don't just go deleting the reference threads willy-nilly yet - I'm sure whoever did the transfer of forums added some server-sided 301 redirects to link the old URLs to the new ones, otherwise they'd lose all the SEO they've gained from years and years of content.

None of mine4 work and none in that sticky either. If they had some way to save them then they kept it a secret.:unsure:

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
None of mine4 work and none in that sticky either. If they had some way to save them then they kept it a secret.:unsure:

I dunno, I think they're on top of it. If you look at the thread index at www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/free-reo-forum-thread-index.270331 all the links to other helpful threads click through ok. It looks like the URL structure is very similar, just the id number (a unique identifier for each thread) is tacked on to the end. Their link juice (as we say in the biz, regarding the strength of search engine indexing) is preserved.

Reactions: Debadoo

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
you know whats really bothering me is I can't get to my latest threads I've posted on in like fashion like it used to be

Try clicking you name, then MY CONTENT - you should see all your recent posts listed chronologically - not sure if that's what you're looking for...

Almost forgot about the Index sticky that Karen worked so hard to build and maintain to help answer plus help new reronauts with questions. I see Lisa or someone deleted it since all those helpful links of info we5re rendered useless.

Don't just go deleting the reference threads willy-nilly yet - I'm sure whoever did the transfer of forums added some server-sided 301 redirects to link the old URLs to the new ones

I did see a note that the redirects are still populating - so a link to an old thread may not work now, but start working again soon - including hopefully that index...

Rev. Stabard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Dark side of the moon
Well, I know they are making changes, for the better. When all is said and done then I'll take a more critical look. For now, I'll give them time to work it out.

However, that being said, if all my alerts are likes and I go to the correct page to see who liked what, it should clear the alerts associated with likes. Like it used to.

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.

I didn't even realize I was one of those till recently Dave! :) I remember the pic of your wife n you all spiffed up! Was it a remarrying ceremony? It'd be sweet if you could post it again for the newcomers.

Reactions: Debadoo

Rev. Stabard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Dark side of the moon
Does anyone know of a thread that deals specifically with user's observations on the new changes, and what we do and do not like. It would give the ops a chance to listen to folks without having to follow comments in what are, I'm sure, are many threads.

It would also give them a chance to say that either a) here is the workaround (either for now or ever), the feature won't change, or they are working on it. That feedback is important.

I have never rolled out a major software update without a ton of user input beforehand. Maybe they did that and I'm just a sheltered type.....

oldbroad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
I dunno, I think they're on top of it. If you look at the thread index at www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/free-reo-forum-thread-index.270331 all the links to other helpful threads click through ok. It looks like the URL structure is very similar, just the id number (a unique identifier for each thread) is tacked on to the end. Their link juice (as we say in the biz, regarding the strength of search engine indexing) is preserved.

Believe it or not ( must be my old age affecting me) but I think, too, that there's gonna be some glitches for awhile but it'll get all straightened out in due time. I'm just gonna wait patiently...

"cept if one of them messes up my password again!;)

oldbroad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Does anyone know of a thread that deals specifically with user's observations on the new changes, and what we do and do not like. It would give the ops a chance to listen to folks without having to follow comments in what are, I'm sure, are many threads.

It would also give them a chance to say that either a) here is the workaround (either for now or ever), the feature won't change, or they are working on it. That feedback is important.

I have never rolled out a major software update without a ton of user input beforehand. Maybe they did that and I'm just a sheltered type.....

I dunno if this is the right one Fleet XenForo Tips & Tricks...

And Hi Fleet!

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
I didn't even realize I was one of those till recently Dave! :) I remember the pic of your wife n you all spiffed up! Was it a remarrying ceremony? It'd be sweet if you could post it again for the newcomers.

It was, that was our 10th anniversary (Halloween!) re-vow (we do it every decade) in Vegas by Elvis (Whoa Momma). Oddly enough, this year is our 20th, and we're going to New Orleans to get re-upped by a Saints Pope in the streets of the French Quarter.

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(
Try clicking you name, then MY CONTENT - you should see all your recent posts listed chronologically - not sure if that's what you're looking for...

No that shows all my posts not individual threads like it used to. Be a pia to go thru all that. It used to be what's new my posts or something like that. That's how it should be. This going thru notifications to see the likes is a no go. There really should be a way. It's only logical.

Reactions: Rev. Stabard
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread