Status
Not open for further replies.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Sorry I don't have a fix for your PM's. Regarding your banner it's not clickable like other folks' banners are. For example I can click on Dennis's banner and be taken to REOsmods.com. Yours doesn't work that way. The only thing I see different is your banner is centered.

Yeah, I figured out how to center my banner. That's one thing I've learned in the past couple of days. Now just 10,876 more (give or take a few hundred) things to go..... *sigh*

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
Anyone know what the upload file button does? (I don't want to read through 23+ pages of new stuff and how to do this and that. I'm going to experiment!!!!!!!! There's a button, I can click it and it will maybe let me upload a file.

Let's see....

It's like to upload a zip or txt, or word doc file as a post attachment

Reactions: Debadoo

Rev. Stabard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Dark side of the moon
Yeah, I figured out how to center my banner. That's one thing I've learned in the past couple of days. Now just 10,876 more (give or take a few hundred) things to go..... *sigh*

What did you do to break the link? To make it not clickable? I would think even if they manage to have them update as they did before then yours might not anyway.

Rev. Stabard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Dark side of the moon
It's like to upload a zip or txt, or word doc file as a post attachment

I wonder if that will go away. My test was a small text file. Wonder what the size limit of the upload is. Hmmm, wondering why I'm doing all this wondering..... :)

Rev. Stabard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Dark side of the moon
Here's an example of a file upload and attachment

ECF TFA THREAD

Doesn't look anything like my post where the upload is shown as an attachment at the bottom of the post. Yours just seems to be a link. Mine is an actual file you can download or open on your computer.

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
Sorry I don't have a fix for your PM's. Regarding your banner it's not clickable like other folks' banners are. For example I can click on Dennis's banner and be taken to REOsmods.com. Yours doesn't work that way. The only thing I see different is your banner is centered.

i feel so F'in speshul...

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
What did you do to break the link? To make it not clickable? I would think even if they manage to have them update as they did before then yours might not anyway.
I don't know. I mean......I didn't even know the link was broken. BUT....it didn't just stop updating....it really is actually running backwards. Yesterday is said 1760 days smoke free and $13,205.00 saved, and today it says 1759 days, and $13,195 saved. Bizarre. Honestly, I know just enough about all of this computer stuff to barely survive. I really don't know how to break a link.....or how to fix it. As long as I remember my quit date (and I do,) I can set up another one later. Just need to let the dust settle. But my inbox is at 90% and I just know there has to be a simple way to clear it out....but I just can't seem to find it. Maybe it's just too "middle of the night" to be messing with all this. :lol:

I'm really trying NOT to get too frustrated or bent out of shape over all this......but I sure do miss the old forum. I know this has some cool features, probably, but......arrrrg!

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
Doesn't look anything like my post where the upload is shown as an attachment at the bottom of the post. Yours just seems to be a link. Mine is an actual file you can download or open on your computer.

Huh?

Did you click the link to go to the page in the TFA section where I have a ZIP file attached that can be downloaded....

Rev. Stabard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Dark side of the moon
Huh?

Did you click the link to go to the page in the TFA section where I have a ZIP file attached that can be downloaded....

No, I took your post quite literally, as I'm apt to do, hehehehe.

Seems like uploads could get expensive from a hosting point of view depending on file size limits.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
But my inbox is at 90% and I just know there has to be a simple way to clear it out....but I just can't seem to find it. Maybe it's just too "middle of the night" to be messing with all this. :lol:

I believe they're working on the problem. You're not the only one that can't delete old PMs. Maybe, just give it a rest for a day or two, until they get it fixed.

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
HOW do I empty out my Inbox?
Open the page that shows all the conversation listing.
Just click "show all conversations", it will open
It will look like the list of threads or forums does.
There's a little white box in the front of each of the titles (on the left side).
Check the box if you want to delete it.
After checking all the ones you don't want any more, drop down to the bottom of the page.
On the right hand side where it say "Selected Conversations", chick the arrow, and you will have the option to delete all the ones you have checked.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I believe they're working on the problem. You're not the only one that can't delete old PMs. Maybe, just give it a rest for a day or two, until they get it fixed.
Thank you, thank you, thank you! If it's just a glitch, that's great! Ha. I don't understand enough to know the difference and usually just assume it's something everybody knows but me.

I know we should all just sit back and let them do their tweaking of the whole thing. But curiosity is powerful, and I just keep thinking I need to be messing around trying to learn this. Think I'll just let it be, as John Lennon would (did) say. Thank you.

Jan

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Open the page that shows all the conversation listing.
Just click "show all conversations", it will open
It will look like the list of threads or forums does.
There's a little white box in the front of each of the titles (on the left side).
Check the box if you want to delete it.
After checking all the ones you don't want any more, drop down to the bottom of the page.
On the right hand side where it say "Selected Conversations", chick the arrow, and you will have the option to delete all the ones you have checked.
Slots, I don't have the "Delete" option anywhere. Closest I come is "leave conversation" but that locks up my screen. I have to leave the forum and come back in. Then when I go back to check it....it didn't do anything. I'm thinking I should just chill for a day or two and let this work itself out......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread