Status
Not open for further replies.

catlady60

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Nazareth, PA
I don't think we should shame either. It doesn't work. Just as fat shaming backfires by causing the heavyset person to eat more for comfort, smoker shaming is bound to backfire by causing smokers to light up even more to relieve the stress of being the target of bigotry.
If we want to help smokers quit, keep vaping legal and cheap. In fact, I think vapor products should be subsidized, not taxed out of existence.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
They never managed to shame ME. I might have had to cooperate with smoking bans indoors, but outdoors? Nope. I'd light up very happily. Once at a restaurant a woman gave me and my cigarette the stink-eye; I pointed out that I was only out there smoking because people like her had banned it from indoors.

Andria

navigator2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Fullerton, CA, USA
They never managed to shame ME. I might have had to cooperate with smoking bans indoors, but outdoors? Nope. I'd light up very happily. Once at a restaurant a woman gave me and my cigarette the stink-eye; I pointed out that I was only out there smoking because people like her had banned it from indoors.

Andria

Yep, and I also would add that I stepped outside with the sole intention of smoking, so she can go soak her head. She should know better than to mess with strangers, anyways.

NorthOfAtlanta

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
Canton, GA
Yep, and I also would add that I stepped outside with the sole intention of smoking, so she can go soak her head. She should know better than to mess with strangers, anyways.

The problem is we weren't strangers, we were low life dirty smokers and after better than a quarter century of lies and propaganda subject to anyone who felt the need to tell us what we were doing was wrong. The ANTZ propaganda had a significant portion of the population believing if they saw someone smoking from less than 50 ft away their chance of cancer went up.

:shock::D

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
The problem is we weren't strangers, we were low life dirty smokers and after better than a quarter century of lies and propaganda subject to anyone who felt the need to tell us what we were doing was wrong. The ANTZ propaganda had a significant portion of the population believing if they saw someone smoking from less than 50 ft away their chance of cancer went up.

:shock::D

My wife still smokes. A couple weeks ago we were out at the grocery store. She stepped outside to have a cigarette, she was in the parking lot, 50 feet away from the entrance, leaning on the back of our car. A woman sitting in a running car 3 spaces over passive-aggressively commented loudly out of her window "ugh, go smoke your cigarette somewhere else."

Did I mention she was parked in a running car?

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
My wife still smokes. A couple weeks ago we were out at the grocery store. She stepped outside to have a cigarette, she was in the parking lot, 50 feet away from the entrance, leaning on the back of our car. A woman sitting in a running car 3 spaces over passive-aggressively commented loudly out of her window "ugh, go smoke your cigarette somewhere else."
It may be be because I am 6'5" and 250 lbs, but this has NEVER happened to me.
And since I tend to be "passionately" aggressive when messed with, it's probably for the best.

But I still wish that someday one of these .......s would try that .... on me.
It would be a fun time had by all, that's for sure!!
:rickroll:

Those .......s are nothing but bullies.
And I don't like bullies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread