Hard to use a tank again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paramaniac413

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2014
South Central PA
I searched long and hard for my perfect vape...and I sort of found it. I have a REO with an RM2, a dual 18650 mech, and now a SMPL mod. I also have a derringer, MXv3, hobo, and magma. I've been using the REO and drippers almost exclusively with the exception of my "morning vape" in an EVOD/eGo combo. I tried using my subtanks on my VF clone the other day and just can't seem to dial them in to taste good anymore. I either fry a coil or the juice that use to taste good in them doesn't anymore (or I can't find the sweet spot). I'm using the 0.5ohm coils in the subtanks. I run anywhere between 0.5 and 1.2 ohms in my drippers with 26g or 28g.
Did anyone else run into this problem or is it just me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Based on what you like now, I recommend an Aqua v2 or an Orchid for a tank. Sometimes a tank is convenient, although so are Reos.

I actually prefer RTAs :). I have quite a few drippers, but I find the non bf ones to be a pain. So, yes, if my tanks were taken away, I would be upset, so I understand even though we're opposites :)

Reactions: Paramaniac413

Spencer87

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jakarta- Indonesia
i was dripping at home and tanking it at work for the convenience. But slowly I found that...the taste and vapor in the tank was not satisfying. and I thought... is it really that hard to drip at work... no it isnt. I just pull out my bottle as well, and drip to high heaven until i want.. and then I am good.

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
Na,

Iv been on the sigelie for a couple days now. Before that I was on the drippers for a couple of days. I tend to use one or the other until such time the other seems good and right to me, and so on and so forth. Its all good and its the shear variety of vaping that is what I really like. If something is not working/tasting right, there is always another juice or device to try. Right now I`m vaping Tabac Absolute@ 2%, 80-20 mix, @35w and .4 ohms in a Orchid on the sig and it tastes like coco puffs and tobacco. :?)

Das Auto

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2015
Pacific NW, USA
I searched long and hard for my perfect vape...and I sort of found it. I have a REO with an RM2, a dual 18650 mech, and now a SMPL mod. I also have a derringer, MXv3, hobo, and magma. I've been using the REO and drippers almost exclusively with the exception of my "morning vape" in an EVOD/eGo combo. I tried using my subtanks on my VF clone the other day and just can't seem to dial them in to taste good anymore. I either fry a coil or the juice that use to taste good in them doesn't anymore (or I can't find the sweet spot). I'm using the 0.5ohm coils in the subtanks. I run anywhere between 0.5 and 1.2 ohms in my drippers with 26g or 28g.
Did anyone else run into this problem or is it just me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't read any of these replies, but Yes. I have been dripping for a couple months, and the other day I pulled out my Subtank and it was HORRIBLE! So bland, no flavor, brand New coil too. Was very, very Disappointed. Especially that I recently bought a 5 pack of OCC's for it and that I think I just wasted like $55 on the darn thing to never use again!!!

Spidey2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2014
Baker, MT
I think its more about finding the right tank for you. I've tried tons of them and just couldnt get the flavor or airflow that I loved so much from my darkhorse rda. Finally tried a billow and couldnt believe the airflow. Flavor is great too. It's now my go to for work and drives. Still drip at home though.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
The problem isn't tank vs dripper.
The problem is you put down a toy made for cloud chasing, and started using drippers designed for flavor.

Now that you've become accustomed to real flavor, your palette sees the tank for what it is.

This is exactly what happens to people the first time they used an rba then tried going back to their old clearos. At first, your brain thinks, must be broken or something cause it used to taste fine.

I will never forget my first day with a geni Atty, used it all day and loved it, never thought it was a massive improvement over my clearo though, next day grabbed the ol nova and headed off to work. Spent all day tearing it apart trying to understand why it stopped working correctly, vaped fine, but where did the flavor go.

Reactions: beckdg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread