Status
Not open for further replies.

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
From what I have read dual coils for Evods are usually rebuilt as singles because it's easy and it works well. I think the general
consensus is you end up with a Better coil DIY than the factory sold you to begin with.

Anyone who is thinking about rebuilding an Evod coil should at least pull the stem, and flavor wicks and dry burn one or 11 after a soak/clean. You'll see how that factory did them and it should be pretty clear you can easily improve on that. I haven't opened
up that many and I've seen some poorly done stock ones.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
So I have this is a 1.5 dual coil and I was wwondering how I go about rebuilding it, is a dual coil possible or do I have to make it single coiled?

Yotube has lots of vids on the subject... You CAN do them as duals agian, many do.. Me I found it's not worth the hassle. 29,30,31 gauge wire used to make single VERTICAL coils wicked with cotton or rayon, are easy and work better. If you do duals you looking at using 33, 34 or 35 gauge. 29 and 30 awg @ 1.8-2 ohms is how I do all my Kanger dauls. (31 if I want it HOT) Mini PT3 on a EGO1100 batt is my backup.
Personally I would save the headache. Spend $10 at Fastech get a REAL rebuildable. Make that $15 and add some coils. If nothing else use the coils as parts for rebuilding. LightningVapes also sell Kanger coil parts.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Using multiple evod clones for a couple of weeks now and no gurgling at all. I did rebuild the clils that came in them with 32 ga Kanthal and japanese cotton wicks. The origional coils sucked, tasted bad.
Not the first sign of gurgling or leaking at all so far. Carry them in a case in my pocket lie on side, have run them dry on juice, etc I am just blessed I suppose or maybe the 1.99 clone is better than the origional?

Reactions: Shirtbloke

Shirtbloke

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2014
UK
Using multiple evod clones for a couple of weeks now and no gurgling at all. I did rebuild the clils that came in them with 32 ga Kanthal and japanese cotton wicks. The origional coils sucked, tasted bad.
Not the first sign of gurgling or leaking at all so far. Carry them in a case in my pocket lie on side, have run them dry on juice, etc I am just blessed I suppose or maybe the 1.99 clone is better than the origional?

I used to use Evods and they were fine when new, and began to gurgle after a fair amount of use - so they probably wear somewhere. Then I discovered the upside down silicon cup trick and that fixed them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread