Seems the more I learn the less I know

Status
Not open for further replies.

RachelWest

May 4, 2015
Hi! I've been smoking e cigs and vaping for almost a year now and have gone what seems to be a traditional route- disposables, cigalikes w/ cartridges, e smart, then a few others (various egos, joyetech ecom and 510 cc). Found this site and have been learning a lot so decided to stop lurking like some kind of creep. I'm still really confused but it's an enjoyable process... who would have thought quitting smoking would be so fun?

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
Hi! I've been smoking e cigs and vaping for almost a year now and have gone what seems to be a traditional route- disposables, cigalikes w/ cartridges, e smart, then a few others (various egos, joyetech ecom and 510 cc). Found this site and have been learning a lot so decided to stop lurking like some kind of creep. I'm still really confused but it's an enjoyable process... who would have thought quitting smoking would be so fun?
I know right like being a kid in a candy store. What gets me is all of the possible flavors one might choose to vape in such deliciousness. Not to mention all gear available these days it can get completely mind boggling.

Reactions: RachelWest

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
who would have thought quitting smoking would be so fun?

I had this exact thought, a few months in! That anything could make quitting smoking TOLERABLE is a miraculous godsend... but to actually make it FUN and enjoyable??? :shock: It's a miracle, in every possible sense of that word.

Welcome to ECF, Rachel -- glad you decided to join the party!!! :thumb:

Andria

RachelWest

May 4, 2015
Hello and welcome to the forum RachelWest. Glad to have you here!:)

So what are you now using to vape with? Do you have any questions we can help you with?

I have so many questions I don't know where to start. My latest addition is a vision spinner 2 with a mini protank 3 - my go-to's so far have been a cig alike with a clearomizer by Vaporfi (the Express), the Joyetech 510 cc, and Kanger e-smart. I tend to shy away from anything that looks like it could be used to club someone to death, just haven't gotten there yet maybe. That has also helped to narrow down my searches and keep things under control..somewhat.

I think the biggest challenge is that I have to do most of my learning/buying online. I've gotten some decent info from my guys at the local smoke shop, but they're all over the place and tend to be more into paraphernalia for other uses. I always walk away feelng like I was robbed without a gun.
I had this exact thought, a few months in! That anything could make quitting smoking TOLERABLE is a miraculous godsend... but to actually make it FUN and enjoyable??? :shock: It's a miracle, in every possible sense of that word.

Welcome to ECF, Rachel -- glad you decided to join the party!!! :thumb:

Andria

Thank you! - if thank everyone for the warm welcome but I can't figure out how to post a general reply. Sigh.

Reactions: Wolfenstark

mauricem00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
carson city nevada
welcome to the club. I have only been vaping for a little over 4 month but I find myself waiting for the mailman everyday to see what new toys have arrived.there are a lot of good products on the market but also some that do not work very well so be sure to do your research before deciding what to get. building coils may seem intimidating at first but it is quick and easy to learn.I started with an i-go with a ce4 tank that I still use for stealth vaping.which is more fun than "smoking in the boys room" in school.this is an addicting hobby and when i'm sneaking a puff in the restroom at the market or restaurant of even on a flight I feel like a 58 year old teenager LMAO. welcome and good luck

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
everyone told me how smart I was and I should go to college... so I did... and all I learned in college was how dumb I really was ;)

"The admission of ignorance is the beginning of wisdom." ;) No idea who said that, but it's so old it was probably Aristotle or somebody in the way-back. :D

Andria

RachelWest

May 4, 2015
welcome to the club. I have only been vaping for a little over 4 month but I find myself waiting for the mailman everyday to see what new toys have arrived.there are a lot of good products on the market but also some that do not work very well so be sure to do your research before deciding what to get. building coils may seem intimidating at first but it is quick and easy to learn.I started with an i-go with a ce4 tank that I still use for stealth vaping.which is more fun than "smoking in the boys room" in school.this is an addicting hobby and when i'm sneaking a puff in the restroom at the market or restaurant of even on a flight I feel like a 58 year old teenager LMAO. welcome and good luck

Yeah-it's almost compulsive, the desire for new stuff. I smoke my ecig on flights, too. I gotta say, nothing more ridiculous than the fact that e smoking is illegal. I often find myself forgetting that and "smoking" in the supermarket, etc.

Reactions: mauricem00

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
"The admission of ignorance is the beginning of wisdom." ;) No idea who said that, but it's so old it was probably Aristotle or somebody in the way-back. :D

Andria
Honestly great words to live by. I know for a fact that I suffer from frequent bouts of "foot to mouth" syndrome more then I care to admit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread