A serious question about stepping up to new hardware?…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sergiu1967

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2014
Portland
Hello all! I was wondering if you could give me some help. Just a little bit of background. I started on ciga like.
I moved to a kanger evod. Went to a vision spinner. And now my device of choice is the joy ego one.
I absolutely love the joytecyhThey are brilliant as far as amount of flavor and extraordinary amount of vapor. I thought it would be my final device. lol
I was at the store yesterday trying some juices. .And the person behind the counter and I were laughing about how impossible it is to tell the taste considering that they are all in kanger evods, and you can barely taste anything. ( please don't misunderstand me, I used to use them. And I think they are great for what they are…).
So he did something terrific. He took out his device, and let me try some neat juices. I don't remember what it was. It was boxlike. And he was messing with the cotton. And was actually putting drops on for me to try each time.
Here is my dilemma. The taste was absolutely mind blowing. It was a completely different level than anything I had ever tried. And that includes my joy tech ego.
Each flavor utterly distinct and powerful.
The dilemma..I definitely do not want to get into something that is as complicated as this for me. My entire thing with all of these things is ease. Just ease. Must be easy .
Is There any device that would be the next step up from a joytech ego, that is easy, does not require what he was doing… Cotton ,drops etc. but would be even close to this amazing flavor and experience?..

Many thx

Margate69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
People are saying good things about the Ego one and Aspire subohm. Both can do .5 ohm and have replaceable prebuilt attys. Neither is a good "tester" for juices, because it is still tank.

And if you're interested in a box, a Sigeili 150w is a powerhouse, little more complex. Put a good tank on that (someone else will have to recommend, I use RBAs) and you will do just fine.

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
Speaking of RDAs you can consider a bottomfeeder mod for ease. Big 6-10mil juice bottle which means less times to refill and a big 18650 battery for longer time use...and the RBAs.

As long as your comfortable getting into rebuilding this is exactly what I was going to say. You will get the same experience without all the dripping.

Sergiu1967

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2014
Portland
Thanks for the great replies well
. Quick questions.
I use my joy tech ego one with the 1.0
and I usually take either 12 or 18 mg nicotine
If I am going to get into any of these and sub ohm..

1. Would the flavor be that much better than my ego one ..And kind of resemble The amazing flavor when this guy was doing the drops on the cotton on his box mod and letting me try?.,
2. Will any of the devices that you are suggesting really be as EASY as my joytech ego onE?

3. Most importantly, as I mentioned ..18 and 12mg nic( 12 being the lowest) and 1.0 ohm are my sweet spot on the joytech.
To move into these devices ..What would I need to drop down to milligram strength and voltage?
thanks for all of the great suggestions

PatrickCrowe

Verified Member
Feb 16, 2014
Chattanooga, TN
I haven't tried and ego one but I would say the flavor on the setup I suggested above would blow the ego out of the water. I use the starre tank with a .5 ohm coil 12mg liquid at 55 to 60 watts. You would have to do some testing to see what nic level is comfortable for you. Starre tank is easy to deal with, you just change coils out when flavor or vapor are reduced. A coil lasts me about 3 weeks to a month in the starre.

PatrickCrowe

Verified Member
Feb 16, 2014
Chattanooga, TN
11212303_10153198937396210_82345734_n.jpg

Sergiu1967

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2014
Portland
I haven't tried and ego one but I would say the flavor on the setup I suggested above would blow the ego out of the water. I use the starre tank with a .5 ohm coil 12mg liquid at 55 to 60 watts. You would have to do some testing to see what nic level is comfortable for you. Starre tank is easy to deal with, you just change coils out when flavor or vapor are reduced. A coil lasts me about 3 weeks to a month in the starre.
Thanks Patrick. Great advice

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Hello all! I was wondering if you could give me some help. Just a little bit of background. I started on ciga like.
I moved to a kanger evod. Went to a vision spinner. And now my device of choice is the joy ego one.
I absolutely love the joytecyhThey are brilliant as far as amount of flavor and extraordinary amount of vapor. I thought it would be my final device. lol
I was at the store yesterday trying some juices. .And the person behind the counter and I were laughing about how impossible it is to tell the taste considering that they are all in kanger evods, and you can barely taste anything. ( please don't misunderstand me, I used to use them. And I think they are great for what they are…).
So he did something terrific. He took out his device, and let me try some neat juices. I don't remember what it was. It was boxlike. And he was messing with the cotton. And was actually putting drops on for me to try each time.
Here is my dilemma. The taste was absolutely mind blowing. It was a completely different level than anything I had ever tried. And that includes my joy tech ego.
Each flavor utterly distinct and powerful.
The dilemma..I definitely do not want to get into something that is as complicated as this for me. My entire thing with all of these things is ease. Just ease. Must be easy .
Is There any device that would be the next step up from a joytech ego, that is easy, does not require what he was doing… Cotton ,drops etc. but would be even close to this amazing flavor and experience?..

Many thx

What he was using is an RDA on a powerful vw mod; and he was probably using thick wire like 26 gauge.

The question is whether you are prepared to rewick your own coils and occasional wrap a new coil if you get an RDA, or for ease of use, you could always pay the store to rewick for you. It boils down to cost in the end.

Sergiu1967

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2014
Portland
What he was using is an RDA on a powerful vw mod; and he was probably using thick wire like 26 gauge.

The question is whether you are prepared to rewick your own coils and occasional wrap a new coil if you get an RDA, or for ease of use, you could always pay the store to rewick for you. It boils down to cost in the end.
Thanks edile,
that is exactly my point. I am absolutely not willing to get into any of that. Want ease-of-use. But I was so blown away by the difference in flavor compared to my joy Tech one. And I wanted to know how I could get' as close' to that kind of flavor and experience … And still have something very easy to use

Last edited:

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Thanks edile,
that is exactly my point. I am absolutely not willing to get into any of that. Want ease-of-use. But I was so blown away by the difference in flavor compared to my joy Tech one. And I wanted to know how I could get' as close' to that kind of flavor and experience … And still have something very easy to use

Try an atlantis or subtank mini with the 0.5 ohm coil.

mrcoolbp

ECF Veteran
Thanks edile,
I might be way off, but I just upgraded from EVOD-style tanks to a SubTank.

What's that? Oh, I know, I know, everyone is talking about this thing elsewhere, and I don't have the experience to say if it's better or worse, but I'm liking mine. It has pre-built replaceable coils AND an RBA section (best of both worlds, you don't have to build, but you can if you want to!). Flavor is great, vapor is crazy.

You probably won't get flavor like you were experiencing unless you get a dripper and build it yourself. I had a similar experience in a vape-shop recently, some guys let me try their drippers, crazy stuff. Drippers aren't my thing, I'm more of an ease of use guy, and I love filling up the tank and having it last a long time. I even started building a little with the RBA section, it's fun!

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
Subtank mini is amazing and easy just like every other tank. You'll want something that can handle at least 30 watts. Maybe yours can idk. If not istick 30w are cheap and solid, but people here will probably rip my face off for recommending an istick lol. But anyway I love the subtank mini so much, I have a subtank mini, nano, and just ordered another mini. Well worth the price tag.

smokinGAVIN

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2014
Manila, Philippines
I still haven't come across a tank that can give me the kind of taste my dripper does so I still use my dripper except when I am driving. I used to have my coils built for me at a vape shop but one day I tried making my own coils and it wasn't as hard as I thought. Initially though I had to spend for things like small pliers, a torch and most important and ohm reader. Maybe you should give it a try. It's not as hard as you may think it is.

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
yeah, you will more likely than not get more flavor out of higher powered devices due to increased amount of vapor. Im not exactly sure what the specs are on your specific devices, but when I started getting mindblown on how much flavor I was missing out by using non-powerful devices such as joyetech egos and vision spinners, It was when I started vaping at 30+ watts of power on a new vaporshark. the transition to higher powered mods from simple joyetech stuff gets difficult though unless you go with simple stuff like mentioned above, vv wattage devices such as Sigelei, iLeaf, or vaporshark are all products that should be taken into account. If you have not gotten into rebuilding coils and RDA's yet, there are many good subohm tanks out there with replaceable coils. Kanger subtank, Aspire Atlantis, Beyondvape Beast, arctic tank, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread