Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockin Randle

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
Trinity, FL, USA
Halons,

With summer around the corner a lot of us will be traveling via plane to our destinations. I'm sure each of us has been tempted to get a few vapes in while on the plane.

But here's 4 reasons why you should NOT: Four Reasons NOT to Stealth Vape on a Plane | HaloCigs

hdLQpZt.png

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
Perhaps you missed the It's Illegal part.

I remember days when kids flying alone got to sit with the pilots. Those days are Long Gone.

An airplane these days is Officially Not the Place to Screw Around. Push the envelope very far and a big hammer's comin' down.
(Fellow passengers have gotten pretty good at taking care of business lately.)

If you can't abstain for the length of a flight, you should take The Hound. At least vaping in the bathroom there (while still probably illegal) won't likely involve Federal marshals.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Last edited:
Reactions: stevegmu

ruet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
GR, MI
Perhaps you missed the It's Illegal part.

I remember days when kids flying alone got to sit with the pilots. Those days are Long Gone.

An airplane these days is Officially Not the Place to Screw Around. Push the envelope very far and a big hammer's comin' down.
(Fellow passengers have gotten pretty good at taking care of business lately.)

If you can't abstain for the length of a flight, you should take The Hound. At least vaping there won't likely
involve Federal marshals.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Is there a law or regulation you would care to cite to back-up the assertion that vaping on an airplane is illegal?

Reactions: Bahiaboy

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
You can take Halos word on E-cigs being the same on a plane as an analog. Illegal.

I can tell you this. I'm a licensed pilot. The term you don't want to hear is "Interfering with a flight crew". That's a Federal Felony. And it doesn't take much interfering for that charge to stick. And Any Member of the crew, including a flight attendant, qualifies.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Reactions: EleanorR

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
No hostility here. I thought the blog post was dead on.

If anything, I think it stated the obvious to Most vapers. I think Most vapers, even those that sneak a stealth vape in from time to time, realize that a passenger plane Isn't the place to do even that.

But I also guess what may be obvious to some, isn't always obvious to others.
Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Reactions: Rockin Randle

Phassat

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2014
Planet Earth
Unless you know the pilot and go to the pilot chamber and have a vape there... (this will trigger protest to me but some of pilot even smoking the cigarrettes in the chamber if the airplane model is the one that will exhaust the smokes to the baggage room, not the passenger).

Others also said that smoke detectors on an airplane can't detect the vapor?

Although having said that, I am a law abiding citizen so I tend to just okay with the rules and follow it even if I'm not 100% agree with it

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
There's also the possibility of being banned from an airline, which would be devastating. I used to have a few drags of an e-cig in the lavatories, but given the optical sensors in their smoke detectors, and having seen one go off when someone was putting on hairspray- there is a beam which hits a point on a sensor; when a particulate crosses the beam, the detector goes off, I don't risk it anymore...

Rt1Rebel

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
Severna Park MD
I agree that stealth vaping on a flight is a terrible idea, but I'll admit I'm guilty of it. It's not very difficult to do, most passengers have their eyes closed or glued to an electronic device, and it's easy enough to keep track of the flight crew. If necessary, I'll pretend to get something from my bag on the floor or turn my body to look out the window and take a quick one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread