Vapenoob / istick 50W fears / new mod recommendation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freq18Hz

May 24, 2015
Hi,

New to the vape. Quit smoking cigs years ago, looking for something to replace the hookah with on a recreational basis.

While visiting family in Cali, I stopped by a vape shop and picked up an istick 50w and an Aspire Atlantis 2, and loaded it up with some Cereal Milk.

After a few hours though, even though the battery showed full, the unit shut off. I went online to see if i was doing something stupid, and found a whole bunch of people talking about exploding batteries. I know a bit about modified flashlights, so I take these kinds of reports seriously. I went back to the vape shop, told them how it was shutting off on me, and they allowed me to exchange it.

I ended up swapping it for a 40w Matrix Sub battery (ego/stick style). So far it seems to be working quite well with the Atlantis 2, but perhaps a bit less smooth/less flavorful than the iStick 50w? Was this battery a good choice?

I also picked up a Matrix sub tank, but I haven't tried it out yet.

Any advice you folks could lend? Thanks.

-Freq

WonderDude32

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Clarksville, TN
Hi Freq and welcome to ECF. The tanks are great and the problem/s aren't with them. It's the battery. Your battery fires at a constant 40 watts and cannot be adjusted. This may be too much or little for the "sweet spot" that would be best for your current coil. It's recommended to be used with the Matrix tank so you could start there and adjust air flow to suit you better but I would look into a variable wattage device. For the moment, I might stay away from the istick 50watt. Too many issues with too many people.

Reactions: Ohm Gnome

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
From what I have been seeing it is only the 50watt istick that is having problems. There have been no problems with the 30watt istick. There are so many choices so it is very difficult to recommend a specific one. I have 2 of the 20watt isticks and like them but do plan on getting a 30watt.

Freq18Hz

May 24, 2015
No price range...but I'm trying this Matrix Sub Clearomizer tank and the vapor and flavor is much better with this Matrix 40w than the Atlantis 2.

The battery life kinda sucks though...it goes byebye after about 40 minutes of chain vaping.

What will give me 80 watts with long battery life, durability, and no kaboom? Price is no object.

-Freq

caferacer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2015
Los Angeles
What will give me 80 watts with long battery life, durability, and no kaboom? Price is no object.

For long battery life while sub ohming, you're going to want a dual battery mod. A couple of suggestions:

Sigelei 100W Plus or Sigelei 150W
IPV4 (with the added bonus of having temperature control, should you decide you want to experiment with nickel builds later on down the line)

Reactions: roxynoodle

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
For long battery life while sub ohming, you're going to want a dual battery mod. A couple of suggestions:

Sigelei 100W Plus or Sigelei 150W
IPV4 (with the added bonus of having temperature control, should you decide you want to experiment with nickel builds later on down the line)

I agree. Great battery life and should be enough power for most anything in the future.

caferacer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2015
Los Angeles
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread