Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I have a new wide bore drip tip I love. Easy to draw through, makes uber clouds.

But it mutes the flavor. I'm new to DIY juice, so I lack experience in this.

What can I do to boost flavor in my recipes so this big drip tip doesn't mute flavors?

Is it really as easy as adding more flavoring?

You could try using more flavor, but the problem isn't the juice, it's the wide bore drip tip. That's why there's a sharp difference between 'cloud chasers' and 'flavor chasers' -- the conditions to produce the biggest clouds are not the best conditions for best flavor. Best flavor needs a more restrictive air flow, so that the vapor is more concentrated, not so airy.

I've got a couple wide-bores... and never use them, because I can't taste my vape with them. My faves are the Large Ming shaped, any material; about a 5-6mm aperture in the drip tip, so the flavor is enhanced, but the driptips are large enough that they don't get hot.

Andria

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
...... -- the conditions to produce the biggest clouds are not the best conditions for best flavor. Best flavor needs a more restrictive air flow, so that the vapor is more concentrated, not so airy.................

That's my experience also. If you can adjust the air at the intake that can help as well.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
I see what you're both saying.

What about those juices advertised as being for dippers? They'd never get away with charging extra $ for just adding more VG. They are flavor boosting somehow.

But I also know that one can only add so much flavoring before it is counterproductive.

I'd try bumping up the flavors a little just to see though. Depending of what you're using that may work out fine for you as long as you're not at too high a wattage. Equipment can make a big difference though and often you'll see the high watt vapers using no or very light flavors.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I see what you're both saying.

What about those juices advertised as being for dippers? They'd never get away with charging extra $ for just adding more VG. They are flavor boosting somehow.

But I also know that one can only add so much flavoring before it is counterproductive.

Some flavors will handle using high percentages just fine -- I use Inawera Shisha Strawberry at 15.5 or 16%. Other flavors, particularly tobaccos, just get vile if you use more than 2%. I know that TFA Blueberry Extra is only good up to maybe 10%, 12%; anymore than that and it actually mutes the flavor. You'll just have to experiment.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread