Five Pawns responds with own results!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReacT

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2014
Mars!
en.wikipedia.org
I just also wanted to share this cloud9 company test results and you can simply calculate how much Acetyl Propionyl you were vaping. Dont misunderstand me, I am not a hater, I was a big fan of castle long.

1ppm = 1 microgram.
The safe limit of daily exposure to AP is 135 micrograms.

So I was vaping castlelong all day, it has 900ppm Acetyl Propionyl, I was vaping 5ml per day, that means I was getting 5x900 = 4500 micrograms Acetyl Propionyl. Holy c****, I was also paying $27.5 for getting 4500 microgram AP daily........ :-x Can we make competition ? who is getting the highest AP ? lol. I guess it will be the one who vapes Absolute Pin everyday.

2114b7e63138abee65351e9249c131b0.png

Last edited:

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
I guess the bottom line for me is this was discovered/debated/discussed and studies were done some time ago so the full knowledge was there along with the knowledge of just how harmful this may be to anyone who chooses to vape this. Eliquid companies were also well aware of what was in their eliquids yet they are still selling it, some with limited disclosure (not all facts/figures disclosed) while others flat out kept lying about it even being in their products.

I hate the "Oh we were smokers and exposed ourselves to that known health risk so this is no big deal" argument because when we chose to smoke it was with the full knowledge of what we were exposing ourselves to and a lot of us did quit to stop/minimize those risks. We have the right exsmokers or not to choose if we want to expose ourselves to this particular health risk and lying to us by exclusion or denial is a criminal offence.

footbag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
NEPA
The thing that really bothers me is that being in it's infancy, e-liquid manufacturers haven't had an opportunity to scrutinize these chemicals in the juices. Maybe this is their opportunity.

I've been vaping Nicoticket's Custards Last Stand for the last few months. It's another of the high Diketone vendors.

In regards to PG and VG, I believe they are either safe or safer then cigarettes. But, I am convinced that vaping Dikentones at these levels are not safe. It's not the chemical, it's the quantity and we are vaping a lot of it.

Well, in the last few days, I've been cutting back. I can't bring myself to vape anything that tastes like butter. The fear of these chemicals is my only motivation for quitting. Sound familiar... Like analogs?

Reactions: Racehorse

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I find it interesting so many feel vaping is harmless because its been around a while and there is no proof anyone has had lung damage from it, but just like smoking, lung issues can take a decade or more to become evident. There's also the fact that many vapers were smokers, so any issues could just be attributed to being a former smoker. It will be the never smokers who vape who will be the ones to watch, perhaps in a decade or more...
Yep I smoked for 35+ years and no large issues. No emphysema or cancer so far. So does that mean that smoking is not bad for you? HELL NO! It just means that I have been lucky with my stupidity of smoking.
Vaping has only been a thing for less than a decade in the USA and about the same for Europe. And diacetyl has been in ejuice for a lot shorter period than that so how can we say it is harmless?
I just keep hearing the same song that the tobacco inudstry sang for so many years. There is no proof that it is bad for you. How strange coming from ex smokers for the most part.

Last edited:

Thundernoggin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2014
MI
last i checked (over a year ago) halo will not tell you the exact ratios..... they are secretive about the mix.
however, they did tell me that they use substantially more PG though. from my experiences, i would say they are about 70%pg

I already knew the answer. My point was how can any company concealing something so simple truly help with transparency in the industry?

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
last i checked (over a year ago) halo will not tell you the exact ratios..... they are secretive about the mix.
however, they did tell me that they use substantially more PG though. from my experiences, i would say they are about 70%pg

I'd say more like 60%. At any rate, I have some, and can't vape it as PG gives me terrible leg cramps, so I know it's "over 20%" LOL which is my limit that I "tested carefully" over 3 years now.

As for diketones, if you look at HALO's line, there probably isn't much of that if any, since there are no creamy custardy sweet vapes. I imagine companies like them, and Johnson's Creek, probably have testing and not shared, but i have a feeling they were "way ahead of the curve" a number of years ago when contemplating and preparing for the FDA stuff.

However, since the mantra is "no testing, no guarantee" I'm certainly not going to attest to anything. :)

hypocritelecteur

Jun 23, 2015
No, but they are advising their member to cease and desist carrying liquids with ingredients over certain thresholds, then lists offenders based on information provided by the company's own press release. My guess is that notice was very carefully framed due to 5P's recent hyperlitigious reaction.

-edit-
NM, they used the C9 figures. Doesn't really matter, they'd need to prove malicious intent and financial interest to have a legitimate complaint. Let the countdown to the next round of empty threats begin!

Last edited:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
My guess is that notice was very carefully framed due to 5P's recent hyperlitigious reaction.

Which is what sunk them more than anything?

I'm no genius, but 5P could have used better advisement?

My way: You just DO NOT bring out big guns and start threatening your distributors (further putting you in the spotlight) UNLESS you are sqeaky clean, and you have looked high and nigh for any smoking guns, whether they be emails on twitter, posts on FB, etc.

And, if you suspect you may have ANY skeletons in the closet, any at all........you take any and all Big Egos, put them into a virtual locked briefcase while you set about getting your house in order.

And best be humble while doing it.........honestly humble.......because otherwise, if you trip over something, nobody is going to feel bad for you. Put the customer first, first, first......apologize, and they will stick by you with loyalty.

Whatever were they thinking? This is just basic psychology of the business place. :w00t:

Last edited:

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
A microgram here, a few ppm there ... beside the point.

Lying about it is the point.

BT's got slammed with the MSA extra hard because they were lying to the public.
Vaping community has been blasting ANTZ, media, BT, BP and what have you, for lying, distorting facts, junk science, etc. etc, taking the morale high ground.

As its been posted by many the could live with this and that in their liquids - PROVIDED they can make an INFORMED decision.
BT is home free by now - says on any pack that consuming their products can wreck your health. 'You didn't tell me' doesn't work there anymore...

Turns out that parts of BV is bottom-line driven just like the rest - no white knights in shining armor to rescue the distressed smoker/vaper...

Should that sage advice -- was it SunTzu or Machiavelli : ''Watch your enemy closely. Watch your allies even closer'' ...

Caro123

Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia
if anyone at all cared one iota about smoker/vaper health they would be running DIY classrooms up the gazoo -don't see that happening not one b& m store in my neighbourhood even sells DIY supplies - not one - except for a little cotton and wire. The money is in the juice. wonder when the gov is going to jump in and say -only Gov can make juice everyone else is just moon shining

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
No, but they are advising their member to cease and desist carrying liquids with ingredients over certain thresholds, then lists offenders based on information provided by the company's own press release. My guess is that notice was very carefully framed due to 5P's recent hyperlitigious reaction.

-edit-
NM, they used the C9 figures. Doesn't really matter, they'd need to prove malicious intent and financial interest to have a legitimate complaint. Let the countdown to the next round of empty threats begin!
No, these actually are 5P's own numbers. The C9 numbers where much higher. The full text that they sent their members has both numbers, but they chose to go by 5P numbers to be on the safe side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread