Help an idiot day :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooky24/7

Jul 4, 2015
Hello everyone, just joined your forum. Having today purchased a innokin mvp2 and I can't get it to work? After searching the internet for any clues on what to do, I believe (maybe?) that its shorting? The green light stays on and the Ohm meter reads zero. I know i'm not the sharpest knife in the block but some clearer instructions wouldn't have gone amiss, am I just doing something blatantly wrong? Or have i picked the brand new one that doesn't work out of the box? Please help me and use laymans terms if possible, all help is appreciated, thank you.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Hi ya all, totally new to all this vaping . Bought an innokin MVP2 today put it together the right way (I think) and nothing happens no motor noise, only green light stays on for approx 8 secs, ohm meter reads 0.0? Any help please.

What tank do you have on it? If the tank is properly installed then you "should" get an ohm reading. There will be no motor noise. Does it look like this?
innokin-itaste-mvp-v20.jpg.png

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I got my tinfoil hat on, I'll give it a try. In the first place an MVP2 doesn't have a motor, so a lack of motor noise is normal.;)

The problem you're having is the ohm meter reading 0.0. This means the MVP2 doesn't think it has an atomizer attached at all. You don't say what kind you tank, cartomizer/clearomizer you have, so there could be many reasons, but it will not work without. Did you attach the tank/whatever to the MVP2? Is it screwed down tightly? If your has an adjustable center contact pin, is it adjusted out far enough to make contact? If it has a replaceable coil head inside, is the coil screwed in tightly? Check all of that, and try again once the MVP tells you it has an acceptable resistance attached. If you can't find it, tell us what kind of tank, and take some pics if possible. You'll have to make 5 posts to put pics up, so say hi to everybody.

Reactions: thetrucker

MoDmAnDaN

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Spanaway, Wa.
Hello and welcome,

Just wanted to point out that creating two threads here under "New Members" may not get you the answer you need as one thread is usually sufficient.

That being said....

It sounds like there is an issue with connection between your MVP and the tank/coil you're using. It's simply telling you it cannot detect a coil, or a short as mentioned above.

If you have a way of posting pictures, that would help us to help you!!!

BTW, there is no "motor" to hear, but you should here some crackling and popping noises as the juice is being vaporized.

DoctorJ

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2012
In addition to what's been said above. Don't tighten the tank too much it could cause a short. I think if it's reading 0.0 that indicates a short. If it reads non that means no atomizer found.

Same thing I was thinking. Could be the atty has a short and is DOA. Have you tried changing that and seeing what happens then?

Yes it is one of those pictured, it has a iclear 30 clearomizer fitted, I have adjusted the centre pin lower,it is attached firmly, the ohmeter still reads 0.0. Does this machine operate silently? Thank you for your help so far.

Any battery should operate "silently". If you hear any noise coming from it, I'd toss it in the yard and back away :shock:

NancyB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
AZ/USA
www.davidshome.com
hmm trying something here - you can ignore this posting....(trying to learn how to quote more than one person in a reply)...

Same thing I was thinking. Could be the atty has a short and is DOA. Have you tried changing that and seeing what happens then?
Any battery should operate "silently". If you hear any noise coming from it, I'd toss it in the yard and back away :shock:

(well, that didn't do it either, that I can see as I'm typing my reply... let's try posting the reply and see what comes out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread