Status
Not open for further replies.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
They're basically the same thing, OP, with the differences being features (not functionality). Great devices, and they last a long time (trust me).

Oh I trust ya, I know, I've got 5 Provaris. 3- 2.5's(ones a mini), a P3, and a 2015 Classic. :)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
ASML (a Dutch company) is the most advanced and largest manufacturer of lithography systems in the world. The ARM chip in the P3 is more likely than not made on a machine designed and built by ASML. You could say the P3 only functions the way it does because of the Dutch :pervy:

I can attest to the fact that this is, in fact, true.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
Okay, just so I understand this correctly. Suppose Provape opens up the firmware for those who like to tinker and puts up a warning that doing so can be unsafe and is at your own risk, someone can still sue them if they get hurt? Is that how it works in the US?

You clearly do not understand how ProVape operates ... they prefer to set the safety standards themselves.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
It (ASML) was somewhat through osmosis though. They purchased a portion of a company, Silicon Valley Group Lithography, that built the machines that 90% of the world's chips were created with. They controlled the market, and still (basically) do. ASML, via that acquisition, immediately became the de facto industry leader.

It feels like just yesterday, but it is far from it.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
ASML (a Dutch company) is the most advanced and largest manufacturer of lithography systems in the world. The ARM chip in the P3 is more likely than not made on a machine designed and built by ASML. You could say the P3 only functions the way it does because of the Dutch :pervy:

And finally (on this subject), that machine was, in all probability, built about 20 miles from where I'm sitting right now. The main manufacturing plant is in Wilton, CT.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
Reread my question and you will see your comment makes no sense.

I read your ... open up the firmware and just put a disclaimer comment ... I quoted it.

The fact you don't understand how Provape doesn't want you tinkering with it for your own safety ... tells us why you don't see the benefit for ProVape locking it down.

Sent via iPhone

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
DP wake up. Are you senseless? Now the battle begins.

snore.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread